About me and where do i begin?

Acespence3195

Hello fellow monster enthusiast! my names austin and like you im a huge monster truck fan and excited to get involved with Sim Monsters since monster jam and activision have no idea how to make a decent monster truck game. looking to make new friends since im a fresh college graduate from UNOH in lima OH and i need an outlet to kill time outside of work and paying the bills. so with that being said im very new to all of this i need some guidance. first off where do i start? i downloaded ROR but theres no maps or any form of vehicles other than a bus and an 18 wheeler. so links to everything to download to get a feel for the game would be outstanding. second im also part of a real life monster truck team out of quincy illinois. if youve been to any of the 4 wheel jamborees this year you might have seen our  truck. Venom by Vengeance motorsports. if i could get some help to linking some of the pictures to get a request out that would be great and possibly a custom build tributed to my college :D. im also trying to help the team out using sim monsters to kind of get the word out about the truck being this is our first year out and we could really use some support from the fans! third is there any multiplayer so i can actually race against some people and not look like a grown man playing with monster trucks on the computer all by myself? its no different from me playing with the hotwheel trucks when i was a kid.. i didnt have many friends back then either lol ;p any more questions feel free to comment and please mature users only. I left playing xbox with 10 year olds for a reason. itd be nice to socialize with people who are closer to my age(21) if not older. thanks guys and hope to hear back from yall :)

• Upvote 1

first off welcome i will answer your questions

1 vehicles- 1st download the v4 pack if you didnt yet and when its finished make a separate folder and take all the files from your v4 folder and extract it to the new folder that you made and the name your new folder v4 or something so you remember what it is then take that folder and go to documents and there should be a rigs of rods folder click on that and then there should be other folder named terrain, packs, and vehicle etc click on the vehicles and paste your new folder into it and then when you download separate trucks take all the files out of that folder and put them in your folder with all the v4 stuff and then that truck should work.

2. terrains- when you download a terrain all you need to do is copy the folder and paste it to the terrain folder and it should work.

3. multiplayer- yes there is multiplayer all you need to do is find some friends and find a server and you guys can go on a track and mess around and there are also leagues that you can join where theres abunch of peopleand they run a season like in real life monster truck show.

if you have more questions ask me and i will try and answer them other then that welcome to the sight hope you enjoy

• Upvote 1

Hey, saw your team's truck in Vegas, really sharp looking piece! If someone else wants to make (or made) a body I'd be down to make it for ror. 

Anyhow, for servers, go into the "Network" tab and type in this server (usually a few people are on):

Host Name: ror.avrintech.net

Port number: 12002

Here's the v4 pack you need to download

• Upvote 1

Well I'm not 21 but I know I can act it and be a lot more mature than those 10 year olds. c;

Most of your questions were answered above, but to link images to Sim-Monsters (do not upload them to the site, we gots dem strict rules), use image-hosting sites like Imgur (my personal favorite) and Photobucket to upload your images there. They will give you links to post on forums. When posting here, hit Insert other media, hit Image from URL, and paste the URL. If it has the [ /img ] or [ img ] things, remove them. Otherwise, your image will come out with those as boxed links, and makes the post messier.

Welcome to the site, and I hope you enjoy it here!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Acespence3195 said:

ok so i downloaded V4 and i dont know what to do or where to go from here.... sorry for the late reply ive been very busy with moving and work lol 

1st download the v4 pack if you didnt yet and when its finished make a separate folder and take all the files from your v4 folder and extract it to the new folder that you made and the name your new folder v4 or something so you remember what it is then take that folder and go to documents and there should be a rigs of rods folder click on that and then there should be other folder named terrain, packs, and vehicle etc click on the vehicles and paste your new folder into it and then when you download separate trucks take all the files out of that folder and put them in your folder with all the v4 stuff and then that truck should work. hopefully this helps