Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Self Destruct

Texturing Bodies in Blender

17 posts in this topic

Hi, watch this if you need to texture a body in Blender.

If you baked the body, paint over it with a photo editing program duh lol.

If you have any questions post below.

Everytime I try to put the mesh into it, this pops up (not going to post a picture but I'll read what it says):

"The program can't start because OgreMain.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" even though I already have it in. What do I do?

3 minutes ago, Joey B. said:

Everytime I try to put the mesh into it, this pops up (not going to post a picture but I'll read what it says):

"The program can't start because OgreMain.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" even though I already have it in. What do I do?

You need some one on one assistance. I will help you when I get home from work, or I'm sure Mr. Self Destruct can help you start from scratch.

Just now, Jon Cannon said:

You need some one on one assistance. I will help you when I get home from work, or I'm sure Mr. Self Destruct can help you start from scratch.

Okay. Thank you.

its good but it would be cool to see how you make your own body textures like if i wanted to make nitro hornet then how would i get the pictures and how would i match them with the script

10 minutes ago, monsterjam1 said:

its good but it would be cool to see how you make your own body textures like if i wanted to make nitro hornet then how would i get the pictures and how would i match them with the script

You bake the body using the uv map from the image editor. 

I really should've created a more in-depth tutorial.

To create your own map, follow Zonr's baking tutorial. Need to map it? Ryan has a tutorial on that. Painting over the bake is simple. Find a picture of a Nitro Hornet truck from real life or in RoR. If it's in RoR, cut and paste the pieces to fit the map. If it's in real life, copy-paste it into your bake and paint over it using overlays.

1 minute ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

I really should've created a more in-depth tutorial.

To create your own map, follow Zonr's baking tutorial. Need to map it? Ryan has a tutorial on that. Painting over the bake is simple. Find a picture of a Nitro Hornet truck from real life or in RoR. If it's in RoR, cut and paste the pieces to fit the map. If it's in real life, copy-paste it into your bake and paint over it using overlays.

ok i might need a tutorial over it to help me understand it, not that your tutorial was bad just was a little thought 

5 minutes ago, Garrett Hanson said:

could u send me that Ford F-150 Body? I got a nice truck idea. ;)

It's in the Scrapyard Section..

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:02 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Hi, watch this if you need to texture a body in Blender.

If you baked the body, paint over it with a photo editing program duh lol.

If you have any questions post below.

actually you press SHIFT+D to duplicate the selected verts not CTRL+D

Just now, Garrett Hanson said:

actually you press SHIFT+D to duplicate the selected verts not CTRL+D

Okay, my mistake. I'm used to pressing CTRL D for literally everything else, because Blender is the fkin non-conformist.

19 minutes ago, itsbryano said:

Why did you take down the video?

Was on my old account that has since been deleted amongst many other videos. May remake it if I get spare time.