Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon Cannon

0.4 & 0.37 Private Servers for Sim Monsters Users

35 posts in this topic

if you can help how do you make a private .37 server i like playing with friends alone and in a public server people join with trucks we dont have and lag the crap out of us

6 hours ago, monsterjam9876 said:

if you can help how do you make a private .37 server i like playing with friends alone and in a public server people join with trucks we dont have and lag the crap out of us

The temporary way would be to enable your DMZ host in your router control panel and then use the servergui that is in your Rigs of Rods Program Files. If you want a long term server that is less harsh on your computer and gives you admin and script functionality, then you need to right a batch file code for the rorserver.exe file that is found in your Program Files. 

An example of the batch file that you would need to make would at default look something like this:

rorserver.exe -port 12000 -terrain any -maxclients 4 -name Default_Servername pause

And with that, you can include inet and lan functionality by writing the command "-lan" or "-inet" to designate between a public and private server. With a public server, there is admin and script functionality, with a lan server, there is not. If you want to run the server as public, or inet, you would need to also create an  admins.txt file in the same directory as your rorserver.exe and batch file, and use the encoded server token that you would find in the ror server chat long at the time that you joined, and you would designate a "1" followed by a space, and then the encoded token in the admins file. You can also do other functions such as "-password", and passwords will work on both lan or inet enabled servers. 

6 hours ago, Max-D Is The Best said:

i would play the .37 server all day if you'd make one

If there are people that will play with you on it, then I have no problem making one, but you have to understand that I'm not going to host something just for one person to drive around when they can do the same thing offline in Single Player. 

we wont use it alot but i just hate when people join and we lag and a friend is useing a laptop so thats a bigger problem

On 24/10/2016 at 3:25 PM, Jon Cannon said:

If there are people that will play with you on it, then I have no problem making one, but you have to understand that I'm not going to host something just for one person to drive around when they can do the same thing offline in Single Player. 

I will play on that server too, its a lot better than a public server like avrintech

4 minutes ago, Beeasy Gaming said:

which name do we use?, DevoutRain's Server,Rigs Of Rods Public School's,xRoR_Any_v0.4.7?

All you have to do is fill out your online name where it says name, enable Network Mode, put the IP where it says Server Host Name, and put the port where it says Server Port. Click Save and Play.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

All you have to do is fill out your online name where it says name, enable Network Mode, put the IP where it says Server Host Name, and put the port where it says Server Port. Click Save and Play.

when i do that it always says failed and pulls up 3 servers i can choose from but i dont click on any of them

Just now, Beeasy Gaming said:

when i do that it always says failed and pulls up 3 servers i can choose from but i dont click on any of them

The server is for 0.4x only. If you're using 0.3x you shouldn't expect it to work.

If you are using 0.4x, however, check the RoR log.

Just now, Mr. Self Destruct said:

The server is for 0.4x only. If you're using 0.3x you shouldn't expect it to work.

If you are using 0.4x, however, check the RoR log.

im on 0.4.7.0