Certain trucks crashing the game

defective-x

Question

I'm not real great with everything technical with ROR. But some of the newer trucks when I download and put into the pack, then regen cashe and all that, all my trucks disappear. Now I can also go back and delete some of the files from the problem truck, and they may come back. But what's the best way to fix this and be able to use the trucks that give me fits?

7 answers to this question

That's an issue with zip files. Extract the zip into your vehicles folder and delete the zip from wherever you had it, and then clear and regen the cache. So instead of having to put the files into the zip, you can just drag the files into your vehicles folder, and it will automatically show up in the game without you having to clear and regen again. 

5 minutes ago, defective-x said:

So just do that, rather than they typical extract and copy/paste into the V4 folder? 

Do you currently have it as a zip? If it is, then that is more than likely what is causing the issue, but if you already have them in just a folder, then hitting regen is probably what is messing it up and making trucks not show up. If you have them in a folder in vehicles, or just extracted into the vehicles folder itself, then you don't have to clear or regen the cache, just restart the game.