Show Your Projects Chapter 53

Chris Hamilton

just finished racing version of pontiac 2006 but im not going to posts any picts until im finished with freestyle because A: im embarrassed by the racing lines but as long as you know where to go and they work then whatever and B: i dont want to start posting to much and then stop working on it for awhile i want to post more about it when i get finished with it and im close to posting it  

IOq2rMn.png

So this is an update I did for the original driver, Cody Jones, who raced this in the 2011 SM Custom Series. The body is mostly original from the 2011 V3 truck, although I cleaned up quite a bit of the messed up faces and other issues the body had. The chassis is a Cohen that I rather heavily modified. The rear half is shortened, the top of the cage is much lower, and the front half is lengthened, so the body would fit nicely. I color matched most things, except for the four links and swaybars which I stole from Fern's Pirate's Curse, but I will probably repaint them. The rear shocks also need to be placed more accurately towards the mounting area. Still needs work but I've enjoyed digging this one up from the grave. :)

• Upvote 12

45 minutes ago, Jon Cannon said:

So this is an update I did for the original driver, Cody Jones, who raced this in the 2011 SM Custom Series. The body is mostly original from the 2011 V3 truck, although I cleaned up quite a bit of the messed up faces and other issues the body had. The chassis is a Cohen that I rather heavily modified. The rear half is shortened, the top of the cage is much lower, and the front half is lengthened, so the body would fit nicely. I color matched most things, except for the four links and swaybars which I stole from Fern's Pirate's Curse, but I will probably repaint them. The rear shocks also need to be placed more accurately towards the mounting area. Still needs work but I've enjoyed digging this one up from the grave. :)

holy smokes Jon, I was wondering if this was EVER gonna get 2016 update.
good work bro!!!
(Walking Tall & Grinder have been up for approval for awhile.)