Show Your Projects Chapter 53

Chris Hamilton

2 minutes ago, Cutlass206 said:

It says unknown.png.

Look, this is not the thread to do this on. I will give you the finished product when it's done so you can look at it. It shows clearly on the forum. If you can't see it, get on PC.

I will say that it looks exactly like the toy chass but with more detail. I even removed the halo on GD7's chass and replaced it with a regular pickup body chass back.

4 hours ago, Jack Merkle said:

The quality of these topics is really declining.

I agree. While I think it is nice that there are new people learning how to build and everyone has to start somewhere, updates do not need to be posted every time a prop is moved .000000087". Some need to learn to take constructive criticism, and should consider taking advice more often to improve the quality of their projects. These threads have become Start Your Arguments rather than Show Your Projects.

• Upvote 10

There's been a full page of pointless chatter about some toy.  Take it to personal messages, or just don't respond with "okay thanks" or some other crap like that.  That's why these threads move so quickly, because of pointless comments that don't need to be said.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Jackattack29 said:

I didnt forget your advice and I am definentally concidering doing the edge splitting after I learn how to do it, Blaise said he could teach me 

All ya really have to do is select the stuff in the chassis, find "Set Smooth" and click it, find "Modifiers," click it, select "Edge Split," and change 30.00 to 80.00 and click "Apply." Bam. Done and ready to export.

I'm kinda surprised that I'm not seeing a lot of tracks and trucks on this page this topic should be called talk about your projects because I'm not seeing a lot of people showing their project all I'm seeing is talking you guys need to get your head in the game and start getting focused on the projects that you guys are working on because I'm very disappointed in you guys I know that you guys can make sim monsters great again but I just need to see it

1 minute ago, MonsterJamThetourMaster said:

I'm kinda surprised that I'm not seeing a lot of tracks and trucks on this page this topic should be called talk about your projects because I'm not seeing a lot of people showing their project all I'm seeing is talking you guys need to get your head in the game and start getting focused on the projects that you guys are working on because I'm very disappointed in you guys I know that you guys can make sim monsters great again but I just need to see it

well then get on blender and make your own damn track or truck, i agree that theres to much chatter but dont tell people to start making stuff 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MonsterJamThetourMaster said:

You're one to talk. I haven't seen ONE piece of content from you at ALL, yet you're demanding us to make stuff for you.

I hate people like you. There's a huge major flaw in people like you. You're a taker. All you do is take take take and never give back. Go back to the rock you live under because clearly you haven't been out long enough to realize we don't work that way.

• Upvote 1

This is why I barely come here anymore...

This kind of argument has been around since MTM2 and it probably won't get better any time soon. I would chime in with the usual passive-agressive "it's not really that hard and it's worth it" but that train was decommissioned a few months ago. Hagan's right, I came here for monster trucks, not bickering. What projects are here look great, I really am amazed by what you guys turn our here, even if it is all the same truck. That being said, I have a new rig in the works and if it's specs are right, I intend to make some waves here. That's for another day though.

Storm damage looks great but PLEASE tell me you intend to cut the wheel wells? And the chrome digger looks good, could use some tweaks if you're going for 100% repli-custom but it still is a good representation of itself. 

Keep it coming to those of you who are actually contributing and I won't name names, but seriously, enough is enough and it's high time some people grew up or were shown the door.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MonsterJamThetourMaster said:

I recall that yesterday or the day before, you made 6 posts in a row that all contained nothing but gibberish. If you're going to attempt to make an intelligent, thought provoking post, you need to:

1. Stop being a hypocrite, as everything you've said here is the exact opposite of the way you act, both with the lack of content that you produce, and the pointless, meaningless posts that you make all of the time. 

2. Learn how to make content so that you can actually back up your meaningless, pointless posts. 

3. Learn how to show kindness to others, and understand that we have lives outside of a game, and aren't required to obey and/or answer to you just because you want it done now. 

• Upvote 6

What I'm about to say has been said numerous ways many times before. It continues to fall on deaf ears and be ignored. Why I'm wasting my time writing this, I know not. Yet, here it is:

The amount of spam the SYP threads attract anymore is astounding. Ludicrous arguments, needless spam, users not following the simplest of forum rules...this is more of a "List Your Complaint"/"Post Your Arguments" thread than a project thread. It's sickening and unnecessary. I don't know if it's a publicity/popularity thing to post these arguments back and forth, trying to make yourselves look good or gain some clout within the community by telling people off, proving "your right", or showing off how big of an arse you can be at any given time, or what. Whatever it is, it's foolish. A lot of the needless bs posted in these threads could have, and SHOULD BE taken to private messages. If you fail to take it to PM, then don't post it. All you do is clutter up a thread with nonsense.

That, or this site really needs an off topic, aimless thread dedicated to people's spam posts regarding the content listed in this, and other threads. Though, that thread would likely be ignored by the bull headed morons who choose to spam up this thread.

I hate to sound like an old man, but "back in the old days" the SYP thread was dominated by project previews, and people weighing in on each others projects. Constructive criticism was the norm, and was gladly accepted. There would be discussions on how to make the project better, insight, tips, and tricks. If there was a "heated debate", then it mostly consisted of people discussing the path of a project, especially if it was a replica. Not in a destructive manner, but a constructive manner. The SYP's of old built each other up to make better and better projects, for the greater good of the community. There wasn't much spam from people asking when projects would be done, offering nothing of their own. People didn't get butt hurt because someone critiqued their project.

This thread has become a cess pool. People need to get their act together, grow up, and shut up. Keep the nonsense out of the project thread. Let the projects, the creativity, and the love that people have for producing content in this community shine through.

• Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, PM Customs said:

Storm damage looks great but PLEASE tell me you intend to cut the wheel wells? And the chrome digger looks good, could use some tweaks if you're going for 100% repli-custom but it still is a good representation of itself. 

gonna get to work on doing that as soon as i learn to use blender a bit better