Show Your Projects Chapter 53

Chris Hamilton

Slow start to this SYP... let's get things rollin'!

Tacoma 2016 (Texturing's almost done too, definitely gonna finish/release this one with a few weeks) 

sgplL6j.png 

This here's gonna be a side project for a while (I already got all the Sam Boyd texturing done tho); gonna have banked turns and a lot of inspiration from what the Monster Energy Cup does at Sam Boyd :) 

Ei5efp7.png 

Also ps, I've run into some texturing issues with Tampa 2016, so I'm gonna make some "smaller" 2016 tracks, like Tacoma, before I go back and work on that one.

/endpost

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Tacoma 2016 (Texturing's almost done too, definitely gonna finish/release this one with a few weeks) 

This here's gonna be a side project for a while (I already got all the Sam Boyd texturing done tho); gonna have banked turns and a lot of inspiration from what the Monster Energy Cup does at Sam Boyd :) 

Also ps, I've run into some texturing issues with Tampa 2016, so I'm gonna make some "smaller" 2016 tracks, like Tacoma, before I go back and work on that one.

/endpost

Is that STS Las Vegas? :o

Looks good!

This is an electric motor/inverter, single-speed gearbox, and digital steer-by-wireless unit in one modular carbon fiber housing. It also acts as a structural part of the chassis (two of these per chassis, front and rear). It looks a bit rough because I just imported this into Blender, so it hasn't been smoothed yet.

nUJR3Po.png

s2z3R0t.png

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, Chris B said:

I can't tell if that's my Tacoma Dome model I did a year or so ago.  If you want it I can send it over.  Glad to see another MMJ track.  I should probably finish mine...

7 minutes ago, maxdman said:

I can't tell if that's my Tacoma Dome model I did a year or so ago.  If you want it I can send it over.  Glad to see another MMJ track.  I should probably finish mine...

Yep, I ripped it from Tacoma 2015. If you have a .blend of it, that would be great because I can get all the walls and bakes to be textured right, but the details like the garages, lights, etc I'm having some troubles with.

1 hour ago, Garrett Hanson said:

looks great so far!!

if u want a smooth track just find & hit the set smooth button a couple of times.
Press TAB to go into edit mode and press it until you get the yellowish lines on the object
press W and remove doubles
Press CTRL+N to recalculate normalls
TAB out of edit mode
Find Modifiers
Edge split to 80 degress, click apply.
that should help.

Wrong. 

Dont listen to that @monsterjam1. Tab into edit mode, hit W and select "set smooth". When i made tracks i would keep the cars as "set solid" and the track itself as "set smooth".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RockCrwlr said:

Wrong. 

Dont listen to that @monsterjam1. Tab into edit mode, hit W and select "set smooth". When i made tracks i would keep the cars as "set solid" and the track itself as "set smooth".

thanks this is the only thing i need to finish the track