FreeImageCodec Error

Chris B

Question

I was exporting Southaven 2016, everything was going fine, and everything was normal when I was exporting it, but then when I put in in game, it wouldn't load and it gave me this error:

OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Error decoding image in FreeImageCodec::decode at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp (line 439)
error loading mesh: Beta1.mesh: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Error decoding image in FreeImageCodec::decode at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp (line 439)
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Error decoding image in FreeImageCodec::decode at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp (line 439)

It won't work in toolkit either. Is there anyway that anyone knows to fix this? I saw that people got this error in the past and fixed it, but none of them explained how.

Thanks!

Fixed it!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to this dude http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29917809/ogre-exception7internalerrorexception-error-decoding-image-in-freeimagecodec

In case anyone ever gets this message again, in short, the thing causing the error is that one of your pngs corrupted. You need to go through and find the one png that won't open, and then go back in blender and change out that png for another.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Chris B said:

You didn't help at all. I posted the link to the person that actually did help. Look at Mr Self Destruct's post. 

why do you guy have to be so mean I understand that you guys are like 20 30 40 year old men who have a lot of busy things in your lives and I've machined this on show your projects but I said I will try to make Minneapolis 2016 and Baltimore 2013 and also Jacksonville 2014 next month hey I'm actually going to do something that would give me respect on this site

58 minutes ago, MonsterJamThetourMaster said:

why do you guy have to be so mean I understand that you guys are like 20 30 40 year old men who have a lot of busy things in your lives and I've machined this on show your projects but I said I will try to make Minneapolis 2016 and Baltimore 2013 and also Jacksonville 2014 next month hey I'm actually going to do something that would give me respect on this site

Okay, we are NOT 20 - 40 year old men (although some on the site are in their early 20's). Even though the age limit is 13 (which I doubt you're meeting), that has no input on the age range of members on the site. The rest of your paragraph makes no sense, so I'll ignore that. We're not being mean. We're telling you that you contributed NOTHING to the question with your answer, and that's what you should expect when you know NOTHING of the SUBJECT.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Fixed it!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to this dude http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29917809/ogre-exception7internalerrorexception-error-decoding-image-in-freeimagecodec

Yalls can expect Southaven 2016 very soon!

Glad you were able to fix it! Usually if I have problems with my phone or computer I'm not that lucky to find a solution like that LOL.

4 hours ago, MonsterJamThetourMaster said:

20 30 40 year old men

that might've been the funniest thing i've heard on this site yet.

the normal age thing on this site is probably around 10-25. you think some 40 year old is gonna be interested in some monster truck computer game?

anyway...

8 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

the normal age thing on this site is probably around 10-25. you think some 40 year old is gonna be interested in some monster truck computer game?

anyway...

Well Mike Vaters II liked RoR on the video he posted lol, I assume he's like 30. That's most likely the 100% only exception.

10 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

anyway...

I think you'd be rather surprised, the difference is most people in their 30s+ have better things to do than come here and listen to children argue. :) From what I remember there were quite a few in that age group, they just don't post very often if at all.

Glad you were able to fix the problem, make sure to vote the solution up so it's easy to find as well. ;)

14 hours ago, MonsterJamThetourMaster said:

He wasn't being mean, he was bluntly stating that you did not help in any way with the issue he was having and searching through folders is something that was likely done long before he even thought of creating this thread. (They also gave you some mild constructive criticism on how to improve helping future problem threads too) The solutions to the problems that arise are not always the easy ones or as simple as they appear but there is no shame in asking for help. Problem solving can be a fun and useful tool, as until I saw this thread, I did not even know this error existed. Respect is earned, not given but I do however look forward to your future content. :)

4 hours ago, RKM said:

I think you'd be rather surprised, the difference is most people in their 30s+ have better things to do than come here and listen to children argue. :) From what I remember there were quite a few in that age group, they just don't post very often if at all.

o.e

26 minutes ago, MJFanatic said:

I'm willing to bet that about half of the people that visit this site anymore are definitely younger than 13.
We've got to enforce the age restriction. #MakeSimMonstersGreatAgain

Honestly there's no way to tell the person's age unless they post like they're under 13. Even then it may result in a false judgment.