Show Your Projects Chapter 54

NavySonicShell

12 hours ago, Skyliner849 said:

Long post incoming...

told you that i never get satisfied and i always want more... so the pack will have 9 trucks (with a xmas version yay) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Change the driveshaft cage colour. Maybe black for all or green for green, purple for purple, ect.

Edited by Jon Cannon
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Garrett Hanson said:

@Joey B. I know that.
@LeMaddog yes, I was wonding if anybody was gonna get that refrence.
yeah, venom was supposed to be like a knockoff to the actually truck but I really DK why
most of the time the trucks I showcase mostly won't be official.
OT:

the power of FOV
still need to clone some stuff and it should be good to go

Why on all of your trucks you pick colors that don't go together at all?  like on this one, red, green, yellow, and black

36 minutes ago, Jackattack29 said:

Why on all of your trucks you pick colors that don't go together at all?  like on this one, red, green, yellow, and black

@Jackattack29 i'm mostly a multi color person when it comes to trucks, very rarely would I ever just stick with one color.
speaking of colors:
3eGrHTw.png

don't worry about the driveshaft and other stuff it'll change.

2 minutes ago, Garrett Hanson said:

@Jackattack29 i'm mostly a multi color person when it comes to trucks, very rarely would I ever just stick with one color.
speaking of colors:

don't worry about the driveshaft and other stuff it'll change.

He doesn't mean sticking to one color. What he means is to use colors that flow with each other or belong to a similar color scheme. A great way to make the scheme flow and not look like you just bucket filled in everything is to use gradients and only pick a few colors to use (like 2-3), not all of them. Another suggestion I have is to use some cool textures and overlay them to the body, and not just always use flat colors. Make sure the rims go along with the truck's scheme too, and not just a random color that looks cool.. Also, make your decals and logos fit in certain parts of the body. The way you have them laid out is going over the imprints (just look at the "crusher" logo) and often being over sized (just look at the Monster Jam logo). Last, cmon, that's just a repainted overkill evo, maybe try and build your own truck from the ground up using blender. 

That's all.

14 minutes ago, Chris B said:

He doesn't mean sticking to one color. What he means is to use colors that flow with each other or belong to a similar color scheme. A great way to make the scheme flow and not look like you just bucket filled in everything is to use gradients and only pick a few colors to use (like 2-3), not all of them. Another suggestion I have is to use some cool textures and overlay them to the body, and not just always use flat colors. Make sure the rims go along with the truck's scheme too, and not just a random color that looks cool

Exactly what I was trying to say but he did a much better job of explaining than my dumbed down comment lol 

54 minutes ago, Chris B said:

He doesn't mean sticking to one color. What he means is to use colors that flow with each other or belong to a similar color scheme. A great way to make the scheme flow and not look like you just bucket filled in everything is to use gradients and only pick a few colors to use (like 2-3), not all of them. Another suggestion I have is to use some cool textures and overlay them to the body, and not just always use flat colors. Make sure the rims go along with the truck's scheme too, and not just a random color that looks cool.. Also, make your decals and logos fit in certain parts of the body. The way you have them laid out is going over the imprints (just look at the "crusher" logo) and often being over sized (just look at the Monster Jam logo). Last, cmon, that's just a repainted overkill evo, maybe try and build your own truck from the ground up using blender. 

That's all.

@Chris B it's a clone of Overkill evo
I can blender put exporting is a pain for me ATM.

Changed the driveshaft cage color on some trucks (Purple is in the purple trucks, Green in the green ones and black in the other ones)2lSWKPT.png

Q0LXL7v.png

And guess what? I added 2 more trucks (The other 9 trucks are in the previous page <--)

oHvRVc1.jpg

Something like this @Edy?

tMGaNnr.jpg

Btw my next project (paint is almost done)

t6yHltB.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Skyliner849 said:

Changed the driveshaft cage color on some trucks (Purple is in the purple trucks, Green in the green ones and black in the other ones

And guess what? I added 2 more trucks (The other 9 trucks are in the previous page <--)

Something like this @Edy?

Btw my next project (paint is almost done)

Those chrome trucks look amazing 

Okay, about Garrett's paint -- I think the main issue is he mostly uses the basic palette colors from whatever editing program being used. This often gives the illusion of looking "cheap" or reminds one of clip art whereas custom colors don't as much. Another issue is there is no sheen to anything on the trucks, everything is flat, I can only assume his graphic card doesn't allow for any more. If so, turning up the graphics up for screenshots would help immensely. But overall most of the colors being used also do not work well together.

Garrett, if you're serious about graphic design, I recommend reading a bit on color theory and studying existing designs that use lots of color (of any sort of object/product; painting, clothing, race cars, product packaging etc). One last thing I recommend (if you're serious about graphic design), find out if you have any sort of color blindness -- approximately 40% of men have some form of it so it's important to know. I hope none of this seems rude, I'm only trying to be helpful because I can tell you work very hard and are really trying. Keep it up, but take it slowly.

@Garrett Hanson

• Upvote 1