Show Your Projects Chapter 54

NavySonicShell

19 minutes ago, ChaoticMayhem said:

I'm cloning with OgreXML Converter, not blender.

If Ogre is giving you problems, then you're not gonna get anywhere. Just make the truck in Blender. There's tutorials everywhere.

I'm actually kind of tired of seeing people repaint someone else's work and calling it an original creation. I'm glad people are stepping up to the plate to try their hand at content creating, but after so often, it gets old. Sky's chrome trucks are cool because it's more of a repli-custom than a custom, and it's just more acceptable because it's not just avoiding making a whole nother truck. Not trying to guide anyone here, just giving my two cents.

31 minutes ago, Stephen Hopkins said:

@ChaoticMayhem If you change the internal mesh xml names files make sure you also edit that mesh's material file. Also make sure both the mesh and material files are named identically (mesh xml files also need to be converted back to just mesh's as well) 

Yep, I know that. @Skyliner849 is going to help me clone the body tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Garrett Hanson said:

ok completely redid the Friday Show (needs turning poles + a finish line:
here's a WIP of Saturday's Show (took some cars out for the racing)
if aybody has some finish line poles (specificly the WF 1 poles) PLZ PM me

Just rip the poles from somebody's track

@Garrett Hanson You do realize all you need to do is follow my ripping tutorial? It literally works for anything.

Like Hot Shoe said, it's a bunch of extra work to do so anyway when you can just insert a cylinder mesh, move and resize it, then map and texture it. Anyone with the least amount of knowledge of Blender can do so.

• Upvote 1