Opening an already made truck and repainting.

fade2black17

Question

Hello everyone, I am not good at making my own blender trucks, But would love to be active in creating some trucks. How could I open an already made truck and change the paint. For example editing and Bigfoot truck and changing the paint to say Jersey outlaw. Not looking to raid anyones hard work if I post i will ask permission from creator. I know alot of the leafers share the same body, so just editing paint would almost make a like new truck.

Go to the zip and look for the .png with the name of the truck, for example: Bigfoot.png, open the png file with any editor (like paint, paint.net, photoshop or gimp) and start editing the truck. 

If you want to upload it here you will have to clone the truck (if you dont clone it, the truck will overwrite the parts that you modified). Its not that hard, there is a tutorial in the tutorial section. If the truck does not overwrite anything the admins may approve it

I hope that you understood lol

Lol that's exactly how I got my start to making stuff. Anyway, go into the .zip of the file, and find the png of the paint (isn't hard to find). Once there, open it with paint.net, gimp, Photoshop, etc. You might need to overlay it to start from scratch. Once done, save it as the same name as it was, and you're done.

If it doesn't show up the first time in game, regen your cache and it will. Also, if you want it to be its own individual truck( and not overlay), follow the cloning tutorial on here

EDIT; Dang it, didn't see sky's post lol :P

Edited by Chris B

Ive done that, But i want to keep the same truck i edited. I did this. Again for example Bigfoot leafer. Well it switched the paint on that to the outlaw paint. I tried copying all files and renaming as a seperate truck, But didnt work. I guess theres a way to open the original in blender then applying the new paint and repacking it as its own stand alone truck. Not sure, just what I heard lol

Alright so i followed the tutorial. Copied the truck, mesh, and material file. Renamed the needed files for the new paint, Opened the mesh file edited in notepad as needed, Renamed all files and put back in the smv file (thats where I put all my trucks that arent stand alone) ROR finds the truck, loads the truck, However Only the suspension , wheels, tires, axles, and steering wheel loads. Any help? What could I be doing wrong? The original truck loads fine.

I opened it with notepad to edit what paint file it was calling for edited it then saved it. I drag over to ogre xml converter and the put all back in the SMV file. Im sure its something simple im not doing but ive been kicking myself over the past few days over it.