Track "design" these days has made Monster Jam unwatchable

Ram27

38 minutes ago, Durham said:

FELD has all the money in the world

You say that so matter-of-factly as though you know specifically how much money they have. So what are you even basing this information on? Is it because they're a huge, worldwide company that a large amount of people know about? Because based on that logic, Ford, Chrysler, GM, and the American government would never have been in any debt and they would be just peachy. Is it because they sell tons of tickets? Because all the assets of all of their shows cast money, they don't just pocket everything. On top of that, they have to pay a huge crew, and the venue. They have to transport all of these people, and their assets to every single show. Plus, from what I'm hearing there's been budget cuts in Monster Jam resulting in multiple changes this year, including the end of the Yellow El Toro Loco. 

If Feld had endless money to throw around there wouldn't be tons of sponsors that everyone loves to complain about, and they wouldn't be low on Stadium show field sized just so they could leave trucks in Australia permanently.

I've come to terms with the tracks being the way they are now along with the fact it seems they will be staying around for a little longer. Things are by no means perfect, but the same could be said about other era's of monster trucks and monster jam. My first show was 1992 and the number of changes compared to today is insane. Yes, there was something really cool about a truck jumping or even just going over a big ramp, hill, pyramid etc. Yet the show's are still really fun to watch especially with independent teams starting to push things harder than ever.

My main complaint right now is those ridiculous inflatable starting gates. They are such an eye sore, and for a lot of people in the stadium majorly obstruct the view. Take those away, and for the sake of this argument reduce the angle of the obstacles a little so they aren't quite as steep, and I'll pretty much be completely content about modern day monster jam. 

29 minutes ago, bottenator said:

My main complaint right now is those ridiculous inflatable starting gates. They are such an eye sore, and for a lot of people in the stadium majorly obstruct the view. Take those away, and for the sake of this argument reduce the angle of the obstacles a little so they aren't quite as steep, and I'll pretty much be completely content about modern day monster jam. 

Are you just looking for the tiniest things to complain about? seriously, they're just used for starting lines...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jackattack29 said:

I Just don't understand why the tiniest thing determines if a show is good or bad for you, but it is your opinion and I'm not gonna argue with you.

To be fair he does have a point. They look cool at the pit party but imagine spending all that money on tickets for you and perhaps your family and have racing obscured by them (most fans won't have this issue sure, but there's still always a good few that do get obstructed by them). That and they're easy for other trucks to hit, take considerable time to take down, and can even damage trucks if collided into.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I am glad I missed minneapolis this year, it just seems that the dirt ramps just are there to launch the truck up high(and the air is cool dont get me wrong) but it seems 9/10 times the trucks break immediately upon landing, rendering it a completely boring show...

I dont want to waste 60 bucks a ticket to see maybe 2-3 good jumps  then whoops the truck broke. I would also have to imagine that landing on a crush car would be a softer impact than just a dirt ramp, anyone remember the couple of times that they had a huge landing pad of crush cars? 

Some other reasons why im not big fan of monster jam anymore is the fact they cut their show in half, they basically doubled the prices of their tickets, and they run only the top eight in qualifying for racing. Plus those blow ups basically block the veiw of racing. From my point of veiw they are a huge waste of money.

12 hours ago, Jackattack29 said:

Are you just looking for the tiniest things to complain about? seriously, they're just used for starting lines...

No point in having forums if everyone's just going to agree on everything.

Also what I think is pretty egregious about the new tracks that I don't see anyone mentioning is that it looks fücking ugly to just have random mounds of purple and orange dirt with ramps in the sides. Green ramps and white and red and blue cars looked so nice. 

17 hours ago, Ram27 said:

No point in having forums if everyone's just going to agree on everything.

Also what I think is pretty egregious about the new tracks that I don't see anyone mentioning is that it looks fücking ugly to just have random mounds of purple and orange dirt with ramps in the sides. Green ramps and white and red and blue cars looked so nice. 

Okay, I held my tongue on the last one, but the color of the dirt? C'mon...

And forums aren't made to disagree on everything. If everyone agrees then we can have a happy ending instead of having it possibly escalate to something worse.

i love this thread. props to the guy who made it. but i'm very surprised to see that people like the new style of tracks. i remember when monster jam was unbias, when there were many different track designs, where tom and dennis dominated, when it was fun to go see as a fan, when i used to turn monster jam on at 7 am on speed every day before i went to school.

to me, the new track designs are repetitive and very "old". i mean they rarely change the track designs, about 80% of shows i look at have the new jersey style track, while 15% is socal, and 5% is something else.

i'm very surprised to see that people like the new track designs - in fact, i think it's funny. but whatever, monster jam is just a joke nowadays anyway, so it's pretty funny