Track "design" these days has made Monster Jam unwatchable

Ram27

52 minutes ago, LeMaddog said:

i love this thread. props to the guy who made it. but i'm very surprised to see that people like the new style of tracks. i remember when monster jam was unbias, when there were many different track designs, where tom and dennis dominated, when it was fun to go see as a fan, when i used to turn monster jam on at 7 am on speed every day before i went to school.

to me, the new track designs are repetitive and very "old". i mean they rarely change the track designs, about 80% of shows i look at have the new jersey style track, while 15% is socal, and 5% is something else.

i'm very surprised to see that people like the new track designs - in fact, i think it's funny. but whatever, monster jam is just a joke nowadays anyway, so it's pretty funny

"Unbias"

You do realize fan judging existed back then right? Oh sorry, rose tinted glasses, I gotcha. Yeah forget the crop of drivers are at the apex and we have the best class of rookies, seeing Tom and Dennis win every show was the best! C'mon, 2002 was my favorite year of Monster Jam and even I couldn't stand Tom and Dennis dominating every show

I get if you don't like the tracks, but can you not act holier than thou

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

rofl, excuse me, but it was less bias back then.

i honestly wish i could post my whole crap view about this whole this on this thread but wuteva.

I mean you can. People might disagree with it, but the only person I see calling other peoples opinions "jokes" and laughing at them is you so you might be the problem here.

• Upvote 3

On 12/23/2016 at 0:56 PM, NavySonicShell said:

the only person I see calling other peoples opinions "jokes" and laughing at them is you so you might be the problem here.

that's where all the rep comes from. no one respects my opinions and i look like a joke

i don't see any crush cars at the new events, do you guys? another thing monster jam dumped on

Since this is the Monster Jam Roast session, I guess I'll chime in with a few comments.

I'm not a super hardcore fan. I like the shows for their entertainment value, and will go to one because I want to see something cool, hence why I think spending that absurd amount of money for a two and a half hour (if you're lucky) show is worth it. FELD Entertainment is doing a very good job at appealing to the vast majority of people who go to their shows, those who have little to no knowledge of what has been expected of those very same shows in years prior. For everyone else, those who have followed the sport for years, they are left feeling like they have been cheated due to little things here and there, such as track design (not a "little thing", but my point stands). They are simply shifting their money from in-show specifics and spectacles to marketing and locale. It's a great decision in terms of business, and they are actually gaining fans by doing this, most notably seen this year in Osaka. Those of us who follow the shows week in and out are at a net loss, however. We know what to expect, and when something changes (the tracks, for instance) that isn't as good as what it was, that expectation isn't met. I love monster trucks, I wouldn't be in this community if I didn't, and I love Monster Jam, but to myself and the rest of the more "advanced" fans, FELD appears to by trying to change that opinion of ours.

TL;DR - Strawberries aren't actually berries, just how Monster Jam isn't a jelly company

Sorry to bump the tread but wanted to say something about it, I don't hate the obstacles being all dirt what I hate is it all looking the same and no creativity like look back at 09-10 with the motorcross ramp which was made mostly of dirt with a couple cars most the time so I they made different obstacles every show then it would be better to watch and more entertaining and the only reason I hate no cars is because what were monster trucks created for 

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2016 at 4:16 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Okay, I held my tongue on the last one, but the color of the dirt? C'mon...

I mean, how something looks is part of the design and is a perfectly valid reason to say something is bad. 

People complain about trucks based on the color of the fiberglass

46 minutes ago, Ram27 said:

I mean, how something looks is part of the design and is a perfectly valid reason to say something is bad. 

People complain about trucks based on the color of the fiberglass

But something so little? And it's not like you can change it because if I'm not mistaken, certain colors of dirt will stick throughout an abundance of events. I mean, purple and yellow alone, off the top of my head, have appeared in Atlanta 2014, Foxboro 2014, and World Finals 16. Thats off the top of my head, I'm sure there are numerous more. And who complains about the color of the fiberglass on a truck body, precisely?