What kind of freestyler are you?

Joey 🅱️

If you are a little confused about what this forum title meant, it means what do you usually do in your freestyles?

When I began on rigs of rods leagues, I was sort of a technicality person. I would go for mostly wheelies, some air, probably a save or two, and maybe a crash. But after I got my controller (and after I one hit wondered in FSR) I turned into somebody who would go for big air, momentum, I still went for wheelies, I would try to get a wow factor in. But still not with a league win yet. I almost got one in WRA at SSRS Cinncinatti. I feel like I'm more of a racer, but freestyle is good for me too.

4 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

i'm the type of driver that'll destroy anything that's in my way.

You sound so corny.

Anyway, when I drive short wheelbase trucks, if I don't one hit wonder, I try and pop as many wheelies as I can (they're good for that) to link in between jumps. My freestyles in these are fast and loose and I don't gain much control overtime, nor do I stop to do so, leading to some risky moves, and me being on edge knowing I can flip over at any moment. This has led to some pretty violent crashes (Indy 2013 WRA, Nitro Machine).

For longer wheelbase trucks, I tend to go for bigger air, donuts, slap wheelies, and the occasional sidewall. I try and keep technicality and momentum up when I can, but big air and epic stunts is where it's at for me in those.

Most of the time in online events my nerves get the best of me either way, so I'll one hit wonder in any truck. If I don't, I'll usually end up with a low to medium score. I do better offline when I know nobody's watching me and I can just cut loose and practice (not until I get a new Xbox adapter kms).

I rarely will fill the clock... usually rolling over in some mediocre fashion. I've filled the clock on probobly 5 occasions. When I do fill the clock, that's usually my goal for a freestyle. Be kinda cool while making sure I fill the clock.