Best Way To Transfer RoR files

obsessionracing

Question

Hi guys, over Christmas I just got a new computer. It is a Dell XPS 8900. I was wondering if any of you had an tips to make the transfer easier. I am looking to transfer 

-RoR itself 

-Blender and it's Inputs so I can successfully import/export RoR content 

-The mapping for a steering wheel 

All of this programming I do currently have and everything is working perfectly, but I am a little nervous about the transition to a new computer as I hope that everything still works properly. Thanks, and have a good day.

5 answers to this question

I personally used Google Docs. Whenever I upgraded my computer, I uploaded all my files there, and it was personal until I made it public, creating the time machine for everyone here to use. You can organize it in folders, and can access it from any computer. I could also recommend Mediafire, you just need to organize it there was well so that you can make sure you have everything when you upgrade.

32 minutes ago, worldfinals said:
59 minutes ago, Crazyboy335 said:

But I am worried that by doing this, it may change plugins for things such as Blender or the Mapping on the wheel. Should it remain the same if I were to upload it directly to some program such as google docs and redownload it on the new computer? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, obsessionracing said:

But I am worried that by doing this, it may change plugins for things such as Blender or the Mapping on the wheel. Should it remain the same if I were to upload it directly to some program such as google docs and redownload it on the new computer? Thanks!

For things like Blender, I had to reinstall it completely and all of the plugins you need manually. But once it's there, all your blend files should be able to be opened and continued to be worked on. In terms of mapping for the wheel, you may have to play with it like reversing the axis or switching it back to the button you want, but it will provide with a good base for you to start so you don't have to start from scratch. I recommend reinstalling RoR and Blender and making sure they work before messing around with the files you're transferring.