I'm getting out of the scene

Sergeant Politeness

I know, one of these threads, but really it's something I'm needing to get off my chest and it's more reflecting the direction the entire monster truck scene is going as a whole. I honestly was thinking about waning after Atlanta but the whole show being shifted is the straw that broke the camel's back to where I literally funded back the tickets for both shows. To put it blunt, the whole scene isn't as fun as it used to be for me anymore. Stuff like TheMonsterBlog is rarely updated, forums like Mayhem and Draggers have been long dead, and even here it feels like there's been a lull of all of 2016. And then we get to the big daddy Monster Jam. Their poor decision of scheduling the Georgia Dome show every year plus their coordination with the Dome itself (they're to blame as well) ended up with over 150 dollars of my money now going to something I can't do. The decisions they're doing for drivers and trucks, while making sense financially, I still cannot get behind. There's no gravitas or excitement, it's just going through the motions now. Yes the drivers are fantastic, but the atmosphere seems to be gone. And that's how it's been for me the last year: going through the motions. I went to five shows last year and only one genuinely entertained me. Maybe someone can relate, maybe not, and that's okay. For those who still enjoy going to events I'm more than happy but also envious because after fifteen years I've officially hit burnout of the whole monster truck world. Maybe someday I'll get back in it, maybe I won't. This is something that's been a part of me as long as I can remember and now I'm just calling it quits. I know this is a long ramble, and if it gets deleted I totally understand. I just wanted to let off some steam is all 

TL;DR: Rambling about how I've got burnout on the whole monster truck thing and letting off my perspective I've had for the last year

• Upvote 2

I agree, Charlie. This year, for Monster Jam and monster trucks alone, has me pissed at the sport alone. The shows that I've gone to lately in small ass horse show arenas were really boring and uneventful. Maybe taking a break from the sport wouldn't hurt. Especially since they're firing and forcing the best drivers to retire is really pissing me off. It really makes you wonder if this sport is sort of dying. Could be just another bad year heading for us.