Show Your Projects Chapter 55

Doomed User

18 hours ago, Gabe2304 said:

Made this random CFP track for practice. Just realized the racing bumps are in the wrong place and the paint is off.

Looks good but if you still have the unflattened version of the paint go back and put he dirt texture in front of the pint so it looks more realistic 

1 hour ago, rockgod88 said:

Better Alex?

Because your trucks are nothing less than amazingly beautiful, I'm not letting you miss the details on this one...

• The truck logo needs to be all red. You have it shifting into the normal yellow about halfway up. It's cool, but not accurate.
  • Flames should be a darker orange. You have them a little too light. 
  • Monster Jam logo is squished into that corner, I'd suggest moving down next to the wheel well above the headers. 
  • Also, in this picture it looks like the shock accents are purple, however I can't find any other pictures to confirm this... I'm seeing more pictures with them being black like you have, but I swear I saw them as purple usually...StLouis_022016_BrettMoist%20(7).jpg

Is it better? Yes, but it's not perfect quite yet. You're on the right track

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Stephen Hopkins said:

no.  I get no point of the late 90s artwork on one panel when you dont do anything else to the rest of the body. You dont even try and spam post everyone of your absmal projects which you can't even manage to get easy details such as tire rotation right. Your projects are a complete slap in the face to anyone who puts actual effort into their projects only for it to be drowned out by your 'work'. Every single respectable content creator on this site has offered you advice and you ignore all of it.  You continue to say "i'll change" but you make no effort to do so. People have pointed you to countless resources, tutorials, 20x more info than most of them were given when they entered content creation, if such things were even available. 

So im tired of giving you advice as many others and will instead give you my opinion. Your projects are awful, nobody likes them, and nobody wants to see them. Making content is not and never will be a race. Quality over quantity. Rockgod used to be very similar, he used to produce a project an hour, we finally broke him and hes really starting to produce some solid content, as he continues to gain experience he continues to get better with each truck, you can see it as well. You can change as well, just as he did, but you have to start, I can't, nor can anybody else force you to get better. 

I dont say these things to be mean, I say them because I once was in your shoes, I made crap content, and if it werent for two or three people who constantly harped on me and told me my stuff was junk I would have never striven to be better. They told me how they saw it, no bs, and if it was crap you could bet they told me and reemed me for it if I made no improvements. I think given some of the things you've done you have a creative mind and you can really do some awesome stuff, you just need to do a better job of going about your creativity. You have a lot of potential, dont waste it. 

ok. i'll prove some things that you have pointed out.
yes my projects are terrible ATM but they will improve later on.
yes you and blasie were once one like me before, throw a truck together, put it on this thead and hope to get some recognition but in all honesty it looks god awful.
atleast give me props for making "breakable" trucks.

11 minutes ago, Garrett Hanson said:

ok. i'll prove some things that you have pointed out.
yes my projects are terrible ATM but they will improve later on.
yes you and blasie were once one like me before, throw a truck together, put it on this thead and hope to get some recognition but in all honesty it looks god awful.
atleast give me props for making "breakable" trucks.

Giving you "props" will do less than what they're giving you right now... If you know it looks terribly god awful that should give you more "drive" as i should say to make it the absolute best of your abilities and to learn and not release it as soon as its finished. It should make you finish a project but not release it considering you want to learn more about what certain things do to a truck to make it look better. I haven't released anything in forever but I've got 3 completed trucks in my folders that i just keep updating with new stuff I learn, and they probably won't be released until i figure a few more things out to make them look as good as I can make them look. Now on the body skinning part, you just have to be open to anything. Start painting without an idea of what you want your finished project to look, and try to impress yourself.

• Upvote 1

If I may chime in (I mean why not, this topic has been derailed well enough...again), when I made content, I never spam posted my project with every little singular and unnoticeable detail. If you do want to consider any of my past project posts as "spam", it would have been because I posted numerous pics in a single post to highlight the often detailed, and varied additions and content present within my project. I felt it was necessary to give attention to the work and time I put in to the project by doing so.

I would also work on my project until I got it to a point where I deemed it ready for preview. Showing a half-assed, thrown together project doesn't impress. I would get everything adjusted that I could, preview my work, and continue working on it from there. Only when I made numerous adjustments, and put a lot more time in a project would I offer a preview update, which would sometimes vary in weeks or months since my last posting.

Also, making a post asking "you like?" without highlighting or describing what you have done makes it all the more difficult for anyone to appreciate what you have accomplished. As I've said before, posting progress pics without adjusting what has been pointed out comes off as you blatantly ignoring what people who are trying to help you have brought to your attention (which you willingly ignore).

Finally, if you are merely posting pics of your projects to "hope to get some recognition", then you're doing so with the wrong intentions. This is not a popularity contest. Forget about the upvotes or compliments. It's called "Show Your Projects" for a reason. Show off your work, yes, but also show off that you're actually improving and learning. Take your time, accept people's suggestions, and actually show that what they're saying isn't falling on deaf ears.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Garrett Hanson said:

Drave Gigger Thing:

you like?

Okay, noticed you changed your pics from the last time I was here.. but what is different between this and Blaise's Digger XX 2006, other than mismatched hood flames and my logo, now scrunched up and ugly?

• Upvote 2