Ringling Bros. to Shut Down

bkelly

Well, FELD is shutting down Ringling Bros Circus. I think FELD's budget cuts are a lot more serious than we thought. This, combined with the all of the cuts MJ has taken this year is interesting. This is confirmed by Ringling Bros Twitter.

I think there is a possibility MJ could be bought out again, although it is probably unlikely.

I wish that supercross would be owned by another company so they dont have the really stupid track designs that have been put on recently...

And as for monster jam, It is really poorly managed... I wish that it would also go to another entertainment group(also wishing that it would bring back crush cars to freestyle)

6 hours ago, DrewWeber said:

WWE? They're in complete content creation mode right now and expanding out past rasslin. Maybe MJ can be the next XFL... 

It was all fine and good when WCW had a contract with Monster Jam and they ran trucks like Goldberg, Sting, NWO, and Nitro Machine. I think if WWE owned it they would completely ruin it like they did with their own thing. All of the events would be planned out down to the winners, like WWE is anymore.

47 minutes ago, monstabubba said:

I wish that supercross would be owned by another company so they dont have the really stupid track designs that have been put on recently...

And as for monster jam, It is really poorly managed... I wish that it would also go to another entertainment group(also wishing that it would bring back crush cars to freestyle)

Whats wrong with the sx tracks. It being poorly managed is completely wrong. Compare it to 10 yars ago, what the trucks are doing and the series they put in. Compare it to other promoters (not saying they are bad) but do not compare to the show monster jam puts on week after week in multiple stadiums. 

the sx tracks are trying to cram too much into the confined space, it is beginning to look more like arenacross than supercross... narrow lanes make it impossible to pass etc. 

as for monster jam, I guess I got a little carried away in saying that, What i meant was that all the scheduling on tv was much better in say 2005 etc, and the track layouts provided for better entertainment then too IMO... 

On 1/15/2017 at 6:22 PM, Michael Rosen said:

It was all fine and good when WCW had a contract with Monster Jam and they ran trucks like Goldberg, Sting, NWO, and Nitro Machine. I think if WWE owned it they would completely ruin it like they did with their own thing. All of the events would be planned out down to the winners, like WWE is anymore.

That's all professional wrestling has ever been dating back to the Lou Thesz era in the 40s and 50s. It has always been for entertainment. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DrewWeber said:

That's all professional wrestling has ever been dating back to the Lou Thesz era in the 40s and 50s. It has always been for entertainment. 

But it gets to be not entertaining when you find out just how fake it is. Just my perspective. Once I find out that it's totally staged I can't enjoy it like I used to.

Just now, Michael Rosen said:

But it gets to be not entertaining when you find out just how fake it is. Just my perspective. Once I find out that it's totally staged I can't enjoy it like I used to.

I grew up in the back of ECW during their boom period. So from the start I knew it was an act. But that diid not stop me from viewing it for the athletic showcase and Broadway esq  storytelling (when done right). It's a better version of the old Quadwars. And certainly has better acting than any Monster Jam hype video where Dennis takes Adam in his office and gives him the keys to Digger.

Just now, DrewWeber said:

I grew up in the back of ECW during their boom period. So from the start I knew it was an act. But that diid not stop me from viewing it for the athletic showcase and Broadway esq  storytelling (when done right). It's a better version of the old Quadwars. And certainly has better acting than any Monster Jam hype video where Dennis takes Adam in his office and gives him the keys to Digger.

Lmao I knew the actual videos were staged, I'm talking about the actual events. The MJ videos have such horrible acting that it's obvious it was staged. But growing up with it I can see how you still enjoy it. I didn't start watching WWE until I was 10 and stopped shortly after I found out it was fake.