Tutorial: Reverse stoppies and Off-the-Ramp wheelies

TheRetroStyle

I saw someone else do this, and it's been a while since someone last did one, so I might as well give this a shot myself.

Reverse Stoppie: This is a trick in which you must hit the brakes at the perfect time, otherwise your truck will flip onto its hood very easily. If you hit a small ramp and end up going on the front two tires, go into reverse as quick as possible. Then, VERY LIGHTLY tap the throttle to make your truck drive backwards while on the front two tires. If you know you're going to hit the ramp behind you again, be extra careful while doing so.

Off-the-Ramp Wheelie: It's a name I came up with for a special kind of wheelie. No, not the kind that Colton Eichelberger occasionally does in arenas, but a different kind. When in an arena or a stadium, slowly drive up a flat ramp, and stop in the middle of the ramp. Go into reverse, and hit the throttle lightly. Your truck will go airborne, which is how it's supposed to work. If not, the ramp may be too flat or too small. DO NOT go full throttle when driving off the ramp. This will cause your truck to flip onto its hood. Instead, hit the throttle lightly off the ramp, and right when the back two tires hit the floor, hit the brakes and go back into drive as quickly as possible. Drive at full throttle to pull off a wheelie in a different kind of way than others.

Both tricks can make for great wow moments in fun runs, and in an arena fun run, can potentially score you a good amount of points in wheelies or freestyle.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2017 at 7:00 PM, cp2013 said:

I was making a video for some of the exact moves you were talking about so i'll add it in here (I also added the Colton wheelie)

Very good! Baltimore 2015 is what I consider to be the BEST track to practice all three moves, so kudos to you!

• 2 years later...