World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

So with next week determining the three Amsoil Series- Cole has over 100 point lead, unless a total fluke happens he'll be making his second WF appearance

Justin Sipes is also over 100 points ahead so again like Cole unless something weird happens we'll see him in his first World Finals

Tyler Menninga is pulling ahead, it's close but I think due to Blake's less experience than Colton if Tyler has another good showing he'll make his first World Finals as well. 

56 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

Tyler Menninga is pulling ahead, it's close but I think due to Blake's less experience than Colton if Tyler has another good showing he'll make his first World Finals as well. 

But with the FS1 Tour completed, I think Colton will be driving next week not Blake seeing that he did the same during the off week. And with it being that close, Colton might have a shot at the title. 

3 hours ago, steiale said:

But with the FS1 Tour completed, I think Colton will be driving next week not Blake seeing that he did the same during the off week. And with it being that close, Colton might have a shot at the title. 

Colton has also been driving an entirely different truck for the past month and half though. He might be a bit rusty in the first show. I'd imagine he would be fine but he might've lost some of his touch since Meents's truck is so different from the standard FELD truck.

50 minutes ago, LordFrosting said:

it would be cool to see Dawn back at the WF. Want to see her compete again.

No offense to Dawn, but she really isn't on par with the competitors at the World Finals anymore, same can be said for Steve Sims TBH. They're good drivers, but considering how strong you have to be to compete (something something also not being owned by FELD doesn't help) I think their times have passed. 

8 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

No offense to Dawn, but she really isn't on par with the competitors at the World Finals anymore, same can be said for Steve Sims TBH. They're good drivers, but considering how strong you have to be to compete (something something also not being owned by FELD doesn't help) I think their times have passed. 

I know..... but one more run? That would be great

9 minutes ago, LordFrosting said:

I know..... but one more run? That would be great

Considering she finished 2nd from the bottom in points, she's lost her touch. She doesn't have those wow factor runs and stellar performances like she used to. 

With Steve Sims however, He has definitely lost his touch, but he can still drive fairly decently, and could still probably throw down in a Vegas FS if his truck survives. 

2 hours ago, steiale said:

Considering she finished 2nd from the bottom in points, she's lost her touch. She doesn't have those wow factor runs and stellar performances like she used to. 

With Steve Sims however, He has definitely lost his touch, but he can still drive fairly decently, and could still probably throw down in a Vegas FS if his truck survives. 

You know who's lost his touch more than any other driver? If you guessed Scott Hartsock, you're correct.

You may counter at me, but think about it; he was in the VERY FIRST World Championship Race. Now look at him. He's lost his touch so much you could almost say he's as low as Larry Jarzel.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheRetroStyle said:

You know who's lost his touch more than any other driver? If you guessed Scott Hartsock, you're correct.

You may counter at me, but think about it; he was in the VERY FIRST World Championship Race. Now look at him. He's lost his touch so much you could almost say he's as low as Larry Jarzel.

Do you just enjoy talking out of your ass all the time?

• Upvote 6

A- Get bent for saying such

B- Super unfair comparison since LARRY JARUZEL HASNT DRIVEN IN SEVEN YEARS

Larry hasn't driven in years.

>BUT MUH HARDSOCK

Argument invalid. And nothing of value was lost.

6 hours ago, Mark Colineri said:

Do you just enjoy talking out of your ass all the time?

6 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

A- Get bent for saying such

B- Super unfair comparison since LARRY JARUZEL HASNT DRIVEN IN SEVEN YEARS

6 hours ago, Tylinater said:

Larry hasn't driven in years.

>BUT MUH HARDSOCK

Argument invalid. And nothing of value was lost.

He isn't totally off here. Hartsock was one of the best from 2000 to 2012 and he isn't really the same driver anymore. You can probably account for everyone getting a lot better since then but Hartsock has in a way regressed in terms of driving ability. It's like David Smith or Steve Sims. Their decent drivers now when they used to be some of the best.

• Upvote 3