World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

15 hours ago, steiale said:

With Steve Sims however, He has definitely lost his touch, but he can still drive fairly decently, and could still probably throw down in a Vegas FS if his truck survives. 

You clearly don't watch Sims on non Monster Jam weekends. Dude can and does beat up on the best on the circuit pretty regularly. It's a different beast when you're running up against a number of company trucks that you know have the freedom to trash a truck to win versus the guy who has to eat the losses if they do a lot of costly damage. Him and Bryan both regularly put down great performances without trashing a truck which is a true sign of talent.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

I guess because he's driving a 2 time world finals winning truck for world finals. That's my guess. He in a way deserves a spot because he's gotta be a rookie of the year nominee.

So far, all my predictions for WFXVIII have been correct except for Matt Buyten being in Metal Mulisha.

24 minutes ago, Joey B. said:

How buyten gets an invite is mind boggling

He's been fairly impressive as a rookie but not necessarily deserving of an invite. Double Down Showdown on the other hand? Yes, by all means should he be in that bracket.

• Upvote 1

im sorry but i have to say no, scott hardsock is still a great driver and i still love his truck, no doubt if his wheel didnt break he probably would have had a great run here i mean look at the air! he isnt out of touch at all

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, AmiHoudeFanBoiiii said:

im sorry but i have to say no, scott hardsock is still a great driver and i still love his truck, no doubt if his wheel didnt break he probably would have had a great run here i mean look at the air! he isnt out of touch at all

He made one jump... How can you say anything about driving ability, skill, or how the run would progress if he only made one jump...?

• Upvote 5

Just now, maxdman said:

He made one jump... How can you say anything about driving ability, skill, or how the run would progress if he only made one jump...?

really? what did everyone say when dennis did what he did at world finals 15 hmm? they said "oh if he landed that he would have had a sweet run" so if its digger its okay i guess? scott had massive air and you cannot tell me he would not had kept it up if his wheel didnt break  hyp hop hyp hop hypocrite 

My guess is that Buyten gets his spot due to it being Todd's original spot, with Todd in Damon's. They didn't want to rework the field (and by rework I mean figure out another truck to compete) so they just switched the drivers out.

28 minutes ago, Michael Alford said:

My guess is that Buyten gets his spot due to it being Todd's original spot, with Todd in Damon's. They didn't want to rework the field (and by rework I mean figure out another truck to compete) so they just switched the drivers out.

So here is my issue with it, why not give the seat to another person, they never had an issue with putting random drivers into other trucks if they deemed necessary. There is zero justification for him being in the Vegas field of trucks other then he took over the Mulisha seat this year, I would rather have Deegan drive it then.

• Upvote 4

The Metal Mulisha brand probably has a contract or something with FELD saying it needs to be in the Finals every year. It was probably either him or Deegan, and Deegan hasn't drove for a few years. Just keep that in mind.