World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

13 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

It would be highly hypocritical to lambaste Buyten and not say anything about Rosalee, Kenny or Buddy. But knowing how invites to Vegas actually work, the issues with other drivers being hurt, no longer driving or just not wanting a spot at Vegas (yes that is actually a thing) there is always going to be some interesting competitor choices. The only thing for all 4 is that they have the opportunity to prove their spot in the main field was justified. Do I think there are other drivers that should be in the main field before them? Absolutely, but I am still going to hope for the best for all of them. Little miffed on Buddy getting a spot after so many years of JR chasing one but I am sure there is a reason. 

Honestly if anyone from team Razin Kane deserves to be in it's Roy Pridgeon, nothing against JR or Buddy they're great performers, but Roy is a whole nother level, his stadium freestyles the last couple seasons have been phenomenal considering the indie budget.

My Double Down Show Down Predictions:

(In no particular order)

1. Earth Shaker - Tristan England

2. Ice Cream Man - Roy Pridgeon

3. Monster Mutt Dalmatian - Cynthia Gauthier

4. Saigon Shaker - Ryan Disharoon

5. Obsessed - Eric Swanson

6. Pirates Curse - Camden Murphy

7. Jester - Matt Pagliarulo

8. El Toro Loco - Mark List

9. Maximum Destruction - Jared Eichelberger

10. Rage - Cory Rummel

11. Scooby Doo - Bailey Shea

12. Hurricane Force - Steven Thompson

13. Grave Digger - Krysten Anderson

14. Zombie - Ami Houde

15. Monster Mutt Rottweiler - JR Seasock

16. Over Bored - Jamey Garner

Alright, now that we have the (almost) full field of trucks, time to get on with predictions!

RACING WINNER: Todd LeDuc, Monster Energy - He's been on a damn roll! Took over in Monster Energy one week into the FS1 West series and stole the damn championship! He's won lots of racing comps this year, so expect LeDuc to come to World Finals swinging!

FREESTYLE WINNER: Ryan Anderson, Son-Uva Digger - This one is freaking obvious. He's been strong at the World Finals in the past, just hasn't brought it home. He won his tour with a 22 point lead, I think this year he'll finally get the win he deserves.

• Upvote 1

My Predictions:

WORLD RACING CHAMPION: Monster Energy - Todd LeDuc - Holy S**T this guy's been on fire! Been blasting everyone in FS1 West and gave an aerial attack to Neil Elliott and Adam Anderson! If he takes the win in Qualifying....TAKE COVER.

Semi-Finalists:

Dragon - Jon Zimmer - He's burned through multiple racing brackets this year (no pun intended), and if he gets an easy Round 1 match, it's all good for this guy.

Son-Uva Digger - Ryan Anderson -  If he's been on the top of his game this year and just fended off Coty Saucier, I don't see any problem with him making it a threepeat.

El Toro Loco - Marc McDonald - With a Qualifying victory in his belt, it would be really nice to see this guy make it to the Semis, or even the Finals, once again.

WORLD FREESTYLE CHAMPION: Son-Uva Digger - Ryan Anderson - With so many newcomers to the field, and Dennis and Tom out of commission, this year he may just finally do it. 

Honestly annoyed that Rosalee got in over Eric, Eric won more and (imo) had a better season than her, so to me thats a huge snub.. but interested to see how Bryce/Rosalee/Buddy do this year, i do think it is cool they made it in. I think the DDS lineup will be: 

1. Eric Swanson- Obsessed

2. Ryan Disharoon- Saigon Shaker

3. Matt Paglirugo- Jester

4. Steve Thompson- Hurricane Force

5. Cory Rummel- Rage

6. Krysten Anderson- Digger

7. Cynthia Gauthier- Dalmatian

8. Jared Eichelberger- Max-D

9. Tristan England- Earth Shaker

10. Kayla Blood- El Toro

11. Mark List- El Toro

12. Bailey Shea- Scooby

13. Camden Murphy- Pirates Curse

14. Matt Cody- Blue Thunder

15. Ami Houde- Zombie

16. Shane England- Big Kahuna- this one really feels like a long shot, but im really hopeful- dude has burned it down all year.

Regardless of the lineups, I am exicted as ever to go out to Vegas to watch it will be an awesome show! Also side note, during the Saturday pit party parade before freestyle, look for me driving Nitro Menace! :) 

25 minutes ago, NitroMenace said:

Regardless of the lineups, I am exicted as ever to go out to Vegas to watch it will be an awesome show! Also side note, during the Saturday pit party parade before freestyle, look for me driving Nitro Menace! :) 

Oh boy...is it me or is this a real good sign?

Beyond excited for Zane and his entire team and family.  Some of the nicest people in the sport work in their camp.  I'll be pulling for him all the way!  If it cant be, then let it be another independent.  All of those independent teams have worked their tails off this quarter and put on stellar performances.  

I apologize if this has been reported already, but Dennis is obviously unhappy that Pablo did not make the field for this year's World Finals. He posted a picture of Pablo with this caption on Instagram:

I just wanted to take a minute to thank this guy right here and his wife..pablo and tina huffaker for 35 years of helping me keep gravedigger going..even though some people dont appreciate you i most certainly do! You have always gone above and beyond to make gravedigger what is it! I wont forget where WE started and what you have done for gravedigger. Its a shame you are not invited to celebrate our 35th anniversary of grave digger together. You deserve to be there and it wont be complete with out you. I love you guys we are family! #somethingsjustaintright #gravedigger#teamdigger

I'm glad Dennis is speaking up here. Pablo should not have been left out.