World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

4 minutes ago, steiale said:

And they actually think that he's not doing something new this year...

*Pic of them being dumb*

You actually think for his 20th Anniversary that he wouldn't do something special?

Honestly it would suprise me if he doesn't. I know Jamie Garner has always done his world finals paints, so it wouldnt seem unlikely that since he was out with his truck that he didnt get the chance to make one. But still if he doesn't have a special design, I'll eat my hat.

2 minutes ago, iZonarYT said:

Honestly it would suprise me if he doesn't. I know Jamie Garner has always done his world finals paints, so it wouldnt seem unlikely that since he was out with his truck that he didnt get the chance to make one. But still if he doesn't have a special design, I'll eat my hat.

Did Jamie do it last year? I mean keep in mind Jamie last year was out running TMTT all season, and the year before that too I think

1 hour ago, steiale said:

And they actually think that he's not doing something new this year...

You actually think for his 20th Anniversary that he wouldn't do something special?

Took me forever to figure out why There was just a giant blank space in your post for me. Then I realized it was that the Instagram account you posted blocked me for pointing out he was stealing my pictures ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's a tool.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, barry the bee said:

Isn't him still working on a new chassis (unless he already has it and I'm just blind and dumb) so maybe he will debut it at the wf 

I don't think that truck is ready. On a side note, it looked like the Brutus on display was on Rummell's Rage chassis, so maybe the Wrecking Crew & Brutus trucks aren't making the trip out. 

On topic with Instagram, Mike Thompson (one of Koehler's drivers/painters) posted a pic of Avenger and a fan page came around and asked him to take it down. 

And when you think about it, this body for Avenger is kind of a special body, he's just been using it all year. 

17 hours ago, barry the bee said:

Isn't him still working on a new chassis (unless he already has it and I'm just blind and dumb) so maybe he will debut it at the wf 

He's still running the old one from 2008-09. His new chassis is still in the works but he couldn't have it ready for the 2017 season.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure if it's allowed to run a new chassis at the WF since I don't remember it being done before. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. Haven't gotten much sleep lol.

But in all honesty I think he should wait until the next season to debut it, so that 20 years can lead to a fresh start. He kinda did the same thing because if he did debut his current chassis in 08, that would mean that upon his 10th anniversary, he ditched the first chassis and gave it to Steve for Wrecking Crew, and replaced it with the current chassis.

Please correct me if I'm wrong again, but was the new chassis supposed to be a Racesource or Koehler? I haven't seen the pic in a few months so I don't quite remember, but I do remember something looking like Racesource.

59 minutes ago, kmp21093 said:

Look at the cradle of the truck from this year and last year they're totally different.

It's not the new truck buddy, the new chassis is a near direct clone of Rage, and the suspension geometry and wheelbase is nothing like it. 

Jim re braced the cradle after it basically ripped out a few years ago in Vegas (the year he ran the purple chrome body, I think 3 years?) The new one mimics the low CG chassis rummell came up with. Brutus is a Racesource and Wrecking Crew is a even further outdated Kohler design.

• Upvote 1