World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

2 hours ago, jdshark000 said:

https://www.monsterjam.com/en-US/news/scott-douglass-mjwf-xviii-racing-odds

Scott has posted his racing odds, and his choices for the top two warm my heart.  Take it with a grain of salt of course, since I think Morgan had 40-1 odds last year.

The fact that he placed Brianna below Bryce makes me cringe. Surprised he thinks Neil takes it, but then again he's one of many guys who could very easily make it to the Quarterfinals.

3 hours ago, Skyliner849 said:

Ive been seeing pics of the racing track for wf18, but the middle ramp is so long and there is something like the frontflip ramp so i guess that the ramp is long for landing a frontflip. So i guess there is a frontflip encore BUT if tom is injured, then who is going to do it?

Does Neil sound interested?

Hasn't qualifying been before Friday night racing these past few years? I thought they did practice laps on Thursday in between Young Guns events and Friday was actually qualifying. I just remembered having a really small window of time to try to whip up my bracket...

1 hour ago, steiale said:

Hasn't qualifying been before Friday night racing these past few years? I thought they did practice laps on Thursday in between Young Guns events and Friday was actually qualifying. I just remembered having a really small window of time to try to whip up my bracket...

practice is always before they paint the course and they only have lines and what not, qualifying is on the double down showdown aka young guns shootout day

10 hours ago, steiale said:

They do Qualifying after the Doubledown Showdown competitors qualify for there races. They run in both lanes, and of course, the better time gets listed on the bracket. Then the Double Down Showdown competitors race in there event, then the finals is timed to see if it betters the current leader in the qualifiers bracket. An encore happens, then the Double Down Showdown winner is crowned and they announce who is the World Finals fastest qualifier. Could be played in a different way this year though, so you never know.

Seeing the flags on Bailey's truck and it being unaltered makes me wonder if that's how they're gonna differentiate between drivers instead of alt schemes.

If it is that's kind of lame IMO (although I shouldn't expect much after FELD apparently cut 70% of the paint and body department in a statistic I totally made up but wouldn't surprise me if true)

• Upvote 1