World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

I woke up this morning thinking Cynthia Gauthier had got it. But I looked on YouTube, and I saw Earth Shaker on the thumbnail for a video. When I saw that it was the World Finals 18 Double Down Showdown, I was shocked.

I was confused as to how the heck the kid got it, but then I remembered; THE TRACK.

Knowing that Buddy Tompkins almost slammed into the back wall in Qualifying, Rosalee Ramer got a horrendous turn on one of her passes, and, out of all drivers, JIM KOEHLER got a 16.664, i knew the track was the reason why Tristan won.

Big congrats to him, and let's see if he can do what most YGS champs couldn't do; get a Round 1 victory.

Surprised nobody brought this up, but Coty Saucier is your Double Down award winner for WF XVIII. Nobody got a time slower than 17.500, so that's flat out impressive.

I was really cheering for Cynthia, but I'm very impressed to see Tristan winning. I wasn't expecting him to win at all!

Also, why is Alex Blackwell driving Megalodon instead of Justin Sipes?! I really wanted to see Justin drive! D:

Anyone knows why Justin won't compete?

Seriously though, 2 of the 3 Triple Threat champions wont compete. How is that fair?

4 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

the track was the reason why Tristan won.

I disagree with this, it wasn't the track, it was luck. While Tristan is a decent racer not taking that from him, he was able to slip through each round with a strike of luck. In almost all rounds the competitor truck either had very bad runs or just flipped completely. 

Round 1 - Bernard vs Tristan (clean race)

Round 2 - Cynthia vs Tristan( Cynthia clips car and sends her flipping over finish) 

Semis - Mark vs Tristan (mark over rotates and only gets one tire on ramp causing him to get on his side over finish)

Finals - Eric vs Tristan (Eric has huge crash coming out of thunder alley and allows Tristan to get easy victory)

5 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

I woke up this morning thinking Cynthia Gauthier had got it. But I looked on YouTube, and I saw Earth Shaker on the thumbnail for a video. When I saw that it was the World Finals 18 Double Down Showdown, I was shocked.

I was confused as to how the heck the kid got it, but then I remembered; THE TRACK.

Knowing that Buddy Tompkins almost slammed into the back wall in Qualifying, Rosalee Ramer got a horrendous turn on one of her passes, and, out of all drivers, JIM KOEHLER got a 16.664, i knew the track was the reason why Tristan won.

Big congrats to him, and let's see if he can do what most YGS champs couldn't do; get a Round 1 victory.

Surprised nobody brought this up, but Coty Saucier is your Double Down award winner for WF XVIII. Nobody got a time slower than 17.500, so that's flat out impressive.

How could the track be responsible for certain drivers having bad passes, while simultaneously allowing other drivers (Jim) to do better than normal? That's not how that works. Buddy and Rosalee are both very new to the track and not very experienced, so it makes since that they would screw up a turn or something along those lines. Jim just finishes a brand new truck that he is debuting this weekend and it's not full of technology older than time itself, so it would make sense that he would improve. Is it too hard to accept than an underdog beat the favorite?

• Upvote 2