World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

I feel like Neil should've won. His run felt a lot more complete than Lee's did and the reverse backflip is impressive. But I can see why Lee won, that front flip was pretty cool and it's insane how he was able to land it.

22 minutes ago, bkelly said:

I feel like Neil should've won. His run felt a lot more complete than Lee's did and the reverse backflip is impressive. But I can see why Lee won, that front flip was pretty cool and it's insane how he was able to land it.

After watching both runs Lee had more momentum in his, Neil's was good but I think his run wasn't as high energy until the end

I watched every single run, you may not agree with me and that's perfectly fine but I strongly believe Lee deserved the win. Lee and Neil both had a bit of a slow point in their runs to ensure they fulfilled the clock but I would suggest if you want to compare the two runs along with Avenger you ignore the front flip, the reverse backflip, and the massive air and compare them as standard runs. They all had something to send them over the top but outside of that I feel as though Lee had the best overall run and was more on the outer edge of a controlled run where as Neil's was the complete opposite of that up until the very end.

• Upvote 2

Last night was probably the greatest track of the dirt pad era. Competing with world finals 9 of the crush car era. What a great finals. We gave bryce crap for being in but he did a fantastic job. Voting worked. Right person won. Neil did excellent, but Lee completed the greatest move ever. The bus wasnt even touched and can prolly be reused

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Hornetguy97 said:

Last night was probably the greatest track of the dirt pad era. Competing with world finals 9 of the crush car era. What a great finals. We gave bryce crap for being in but he did a fantastic job. Voting worked. Right person won. Neil did excellent, but Lee completed the greatest move ever. The bus wasnt even touched and can prolly be reused

What do you think the next "era" will be?

4 minutes ago, KiwiKing said:

I can actually see something like super cross jumps coming into MJ, like those really big hills and insane buildup and those kind of things. 

8 minutes ago, KiwiKing said:

i dont have an specific image of what era will be coming, but i see that will be BIGGER than now.

WF18 was the best one so far, 2 amazing encores, fair judging, ryan finally wins, frontflip and other amazing moves, amazing track, awesome truck reveals. The best track of the dirt era and tbh ill never forget this wf. I didnt go to vegas but i was there in the facebook streams, i had fun and i cant wait for next year.

Also can someone tell me which digger chassis was the one that adam drove for the digger encore? the one with the legend body 

5 minutes ago, Skyliner849 said:

Also can someone tell me which digger chassis was the one that adam drove for the digger encore? the one with the legend body 

I can tell by the shocks that Adam probably ran the Grandma body.

As someone who has watched a lot of every World Finals thanks to YouTube, I can confirm that this was, in my opinion, the 2nd best World Finals of all time. It falls short of 2008, but these are why I think it's the second best.

1. Ryan Anderson finally won. His victory in Racing recorded some of the loudest cheers of the decade.
  2. Judging was fair in Freestyle. We all gave it crap at first, but it actually made for, as Scott Douglass says, "a no doubt champion".
  3. The right person won Freestyle. Neil Elliott may have landed the first ever reverse backflip, but Lee O'Donnell had more momentum, as well as a frontflip. How could he NOT have won?
  4. Almost every single newcomer did very well in Freestyle, which cannot be said about 2010. Rosalee Ramer placed the highest out of all of them, finishing 7th out of the field of 32.
  5. This track could've started a whole new era...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

As someone who has watched a lot of every World Finals thanks to YouTube, I can confirm that this was, in my opinion, the 2nd best World Finals of all time. It falls short of 2008, but these are why I think it's the second best.

1. Ryan Anderson finally won. His victory in Racing recorded some of the loudest cheers of the decade.
  2. Judging was fair in Freestyle. We all gave it crap at first, but it actually made for, as Scott Douglass says, "a no doubt champion".
  3. The right person won Freestyle. Neil Elliott may have landed the first ever reverse backflip, but Lee O'Donnell had more momentum, as well as a frontflip. How could he NOT have won?
  4. Almost every single newcomer did very well in Freestyle, which cannot be said about 2010. Rosalee Ramer placed the highest out of all of them, finishing 7th out of the field of 32.

I agree with you.  I think the only WF of all time better than this one, was 2008.  I also feel that this was the start of a whole new era, to me the future of the sport looks bright.

2 minutes ago, midwestmonster said:

I agree with you.  I think the only WF of all time better than this one, was 2008.  I also feel that this was the start of a whole new era, to me the future of the sport looks bright.

21 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

WF 9 had better freestyle, WF 18 had better racing tbh

• Upvote 1

Don't get all excited yes they might start a new era which means new tracks maybe but then when they have the new tracks that means we're going to see he same track over and over and we'll be back to square 1 after the 1st year but if they manage to change the style then I'll be happy