World Finals XVIII Discussion

TheRetroStyle

11 minutes ago, steiale said:

Both Tom & Dennis will be at Vegas as honored guests and will be present at other activities throughout the weekend. 

As odd as a World Finals without either of them sound... it seems kind of right. Tom I think has a few more years, but I mean Colton and Jared are doing a good job with the throne. Dennis though I think it's time for him to bow out, Adam and Ryan (and in due time Krysten) are all killing it, Adam already is equal to him in championships, I think it's time to admit that Tom and Dennis's time is coming to an end, but the teams will be in great hands. They've built up their respective empires, and the heirs are doing a phenomenal job keeping them alive.

• Upvote 1

As disappointing as this confirmation is, it's not nearly as big a deal compared to if this happened five years ago.  Between having more than one of the same truck at the finals and the fact that Dennis and Tom are not the clear best drivers of their respective teams anymore, I don't think their absence will detract from the quality of the show too much.  In fact, it could even give two lucky drivers a chance to let themselves be known on the biggest stage.

6 minutes ago, jdshark000 said:

As disappointing as this confirmation is, it's not nearly as big as deal compared to if this happened five years ago.  Between having more than one of the same truck at the finals and the fact that Dennis and Tom are not the clear best drivers of their respective teams anymore, I don't think their absence will detract from the quality of the show too much.  In fact, it could even give two lucky drivers a chance to let themselves be known on the biggest stage.

You make a compelling case. I would like to see someone like Linsey or BJ win a championship.

Then again, this will most likely be Ryan's year. He's been BSed the last two years so he's not going to be holding anything back, no doubt.

59 minutes ago, steiale said:

Both Tom & Dennis will be at Vegas as honored guests and will be present at other activities throughout the weekend. 

I...can't believe what I just read. In my opinion, this year just won't be the same without either one of them. Not to mention Dennis not being in it for Digger's 35th is extra sad. But I guess I can accept that fact.

• Upvote 1

Not even kidding in this next post. Someone said that the "script" for this years World Finals is to have Neil win racing and LeDuc win freestyle with Avenger being chrome. I asked the person on Instagram about the post and he said "my friend told me to post it". ahhhhhh these things make me so mad.

Jim Creten is also back this year too 

15 hours ago, steiale said:

I understand Dennis because of his injury, but Tom?? He's not injured nor is he retiring. Explanation please?