New desktop heavy lag

bigfoot4x4

Question

So I just recently got a new desktop and i downloaded RoR on it and when i drive any track say, El Paso 2012 (the FPS) version, it runs average 70FPS but once I'm off an obstacle in the air I experience heavy lag. I've tried the lowest settings. My PC has 4GB of RAM (upgrading soon got this yesterday) but would anyone happen to know what is happening? Thanks!

8 answers to this question

And this is in a Dekstop? looked at the specs for each and they both say notebook. Either way Specs are not that great. Dual Core 1.5ghz. Try a newer version of RoR. try like an early version of 38 so you dont run into truck issues or jump to 4.XX. I had that issue on a PC i had access to when out of state for the summer a few years ago and a newer version of RoR got rid of the lag. 

On 3/12/2017 at 8:00 AM, DDT said:

And this is in a Dekstop? looked at the specs for each and they both say notebook. Either way Specs are not that great. Dual Core 1.5ghz. Try a newer version of RoR. try like an early version of 38 so you dont run into truck issues or jump to 4.XX. I had that issue on a PC i had access to when out of state for the summer a few years ago and a newer version of RoR got rid of the lag. 

It is a desktop.

Any AMD processor that isn't the newest Ryzen stuff has a hard time doing anything relating to processing. 
When I had an FX-6300, I had constant problems with lagging over obstacles. I don't think adding more ram will help. Old AMD processors are bad, especially one as old as yours.