Sim-Monsters Discord

PxelBit

So it seems like Discord is a fairly popular thing for leagues here and the such, so why not make a Sim-Monsters Discord? I mean, it could be a cool place for people to casually talk, since I haven't seen many people in the chatroom on the website. Maybe discuss projects and/or ideas, put pics up, etc. I'm sure there's a reason why this hasn't happened yet, so i'll probably get corrected immediately :D but this was just an idea I had.

• Upvote 2

I can make one if people want one. We also have a website with chat and stuff but yeah a Discord would be nice. A lot of people use one for leagues. 

Edit: I made the Discord but I won't upload the link until later. If more people want it then I'll put it here. 

It'll be just like your current high schools, instead of fighting and arguing with text you can use your voice!

Let's check the reviews, also who the hell are you and how did you get in here?

"Greatest idea to ever grace this site!" - gravediggerfan2356986790

"I thought I was dead?" - Casey Graves

"There's a website!!>?!?" - liquidfire215

• Upvote 2

While I could see this turning out well, I can also see this being a lost cause. As @Skyliner849 said, the activity on the site is probably going to be lower, since I'm assuming people will be using the Discord server for everything related to Sim Monsters. Honestly, if the server is only going to be used to talk to people, then it shouldn't happen IMO - you can set up a server with a bunch of other people on Sim Monsters. Would the Sim Monsters Discord server also have a bunch of text documents based on threads that occur here? (SYP, SOTW, FP, etc...) If so, then I personally think the site is meaningless and would only be used to post the downloads of trucks and tracks (unless you wanted to make a text document for that...) I don't know, this is just my opinion. Good thread overall, though.

• 1 month later...

I am very much in favor of having a sim-monsters discord.  I see it as a great opportunity to be more involved in the community.  I myself have been a frequent visitor to this website for about a year now, since it is where I download all of the trucks and tracks, but I have found it difficult to get plugged into your all's community since a conversation can really only be had on a thread post-by-thread post basis.  And I haven't seen anyone in the website chat service yet.  Not sure if it's dead or I'm checking at the wrong times.  Also, I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 people in the version 0.37.126 online server, so I've just been content with playing singleplayer.  Anyway, it was nice meeting you guys ;), hope to chat in the future.

12 hours ago, Commander said:

I am very much in favor of having a sim-monsters discord.  I see it as a great opportunity to be more involved in the community.  I myself have been a frequent visitor to this website for about a year now, since it is where I download all of the trucks and tracks, but I have found it difficult to get plugged into your all's community since a conversation can really only be had on a thread post-by-thread post basis.  And I haven't seen anyone in the website chat service yet.  Not sure if it's dead or I'm checking at the wrong times.  Also, I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 people in the version 0.37.126 online server, so I've just been content with playing singleplayer.  Anyway, it was nice meeting you guys ;), hope to chat in the future.

I second this