My Idea For A Monster Jam Game

IamStevenMalley

1 minute ago, IamStevenMalley said:

Good list, but i'd think Alien Invasion, Avenger, and Earth Shaker would be in the core game. Black Smith, Jester, and Rage would be great DLC. Team Meents would probably also be in the core game as an alternative skin for Max-D. Oh, and don't forget the Junkyard Dog for Monster Mutt!

I left JYD out because it's retired as of now, but I don't see a reason as to why it couldn't be added.

Just now, bkelly said:

I left JYD out because it's retired as of now, but I don't see a reason as to why it couldn't be added.

Oh, okay. I was thinking to put it in there since, from what I know, it will return for the 2018 season. And while I'm at it, I also would like to include the retro body (2003-2015) as a bit of fan service.

1 minute ago, IamStevenMalley said:

You have a point there, and it could get repeitive. Maybe their world finals paint schemes, like Charlie's green digger, or Cole's purple one? Or Morgan's orange one, and Dennis's chrome one?

I honestly think that there should just be core trucks and then skins would be DLC, or even have some trucks be DLC as well.
Like so:

Core:

All FELD owned trucks

DLC:

• Throwback pack (a pack of skins and trucks from the '99-'07 era)
  • Digger WF skin pack
  • Max-D team skin pack
  • 2xtreme pack
  • Team Scream pack
  • Indie pack (decent sized pack of Indie trucks)
  • Avenger WF skin pack (all Avenger skins made, including S-10(s))
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

I honestly think that there should just be core trucks and then skins would be DLC, or even have some trucks be DLC as well.
Like so:

Core:

All FELD owned trucks

DLC:

• Throwback pack (a pack of skins and trucks from the '99-'07 era)
  • Digger WF skin pack
  • Max-D team skin pack
  • 2xtreme pack
  • Team Scream pack
  • Indie pack (decent sized pack of Indie trucks)
  • Avenger WF skin pack (all Avenger skins made, including S-10(s))

I like it. But I also think that there should be a Grave Digger Anniversary DLC pack. And with this approach, I say DLC should cost $1.00 per pack. I want to make it easily available, and not get a lot of complaints. Plus, it's mainly skins.

Just now, IamStevenMalley said:

I like it. But I also think that there should be a Grave Digger Anniversary DLC pack. And with this approach, I say DLC should cost $1.00 per pack. I want to make it easily available, and not get a lot of complaints. Plus, it's mainly skins.

Thats kind of where I was going with the Digger WF pack, with 20th, 25th x2, and 30th x5 skins all being in there mixed with the WF15/16/17/18 skins.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Thats kind of where I was going with the Digger WF pack, with 20th, 25th x2, and 30th x5 skins all being in there mixed with the WF15/16/17/18 skins.

Now I see where you're going with this, and I'm in love with it. And I think Grave Digger The Legend should also be DLC. Also, I think Bounty Hunter and Avenger would both be in the game by default. I also think that there should be one more pack. "The Superhero Pack." This contains the trucks that were/are used by Marvel and DC comics, assuming that the dev team can get the rights to make these trucks.

Edited by IamStevenMalley
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skyliner849 said:

Another great thing can be arcade mode and simulation mode. Arcade for those kids and simulation for who wants a realistic experience, same with damage with no damage, only cosmetic damage and realistic damage. That would be very good... 

I think arcade would be a bunch of minigames, and I'm not too crazy for the player setting the damage themselves.

I was also thinking to add to the realism, the clock will not start during freestyle until you hit your first obstacle. They do intros before a show starts before the player is handed control. I also think that the boost feature should be completely omitted from gameplay.

14 minutes ago, IamStevenMalley said:

I was also thinking to add to the realism, the clock will not start during freestyle until you hit your first obstacle. They do intros before a show starts before the player is handed control. I also think that the boost feature should be completely omitted from gameplay.

Along with the jump feature from Battlegrounds (don't know if it stuck with Crush It!).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Along with the jump feature from Battlegrounds (don't know if it stuck with Crush It!).

One last thing I want to mention, the flags on the end of the trucks. I want physics to apply to them, like turning with the truck when it's doing a donut, as well as getting the option to put it on the truck, even if it is not a custom one. I'd love to fly the VP Racing Fuels flag off the mad scientist. I just remembered this: The Yellow and Black El Toro Loco's are options as skins along with the Orange one. I also think Monster Mutt's skins should be in the core game so that people can play as the Monster Mutt, Monster Mutt Dalmatian, Monster Mutt Rottweiler, and Monster Mutt Junkyard Dog from the get go.

Remembered El Toro's Skins, and Monster Mutt's

13 hours ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

He said that there could be skins for the Mutt trucks so you can combine all of these into Monster Mutt.

As far as my list, it would go:

• Digger ( regular, all anniversary skins, 2006, throwback Grandma)
  • Max-D (grey, yellow, gold, red)
  • Avenger (regular, orange, chrome, blue, red, yellow, hot rod, purple, white, junkyard)
  • Brutus (regular, Mega-Bite, Spike)
  • Gas Monkey
  • Megaladon
  • Earth Shaker
  • Alien Invasion
  • VP
  • SUD
  • Pirates Curse
  • Captain's Curse (all Blacksmiths, regular, black)
  • NEA (regular, Blue, Doom's Day)
  • Crusader
  • Scooby Doo
  • Bounty Hunter (regular, throwback)
  • Scarlet Bandit (regular, throwback)
  • Iron Outlaw (regular, throwback)
  • Monster Energy (Todd, Coty)
  • Zombie
  • Zombie Hunter
  • Mohawk Warrior (regular, An Escalade throwback)
  • Hooked
  • Stone Crusher
  • Monster Mutt (regular, Dalmatian, JYD, Rotty, throwback)
  • Metal Mulisha
  • Northern Nightmare
  • Firestorm
  • Jester
  • Rage
  • Blue Thunder
  • Kahuna
  • Carolina Crusher

Probably would make some cuts.

We've got our roster here! It's perfect! But, don't forget El Toro Loco (Orange, Black, Yellow).

14 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

OP, honestly, I think you're asking for too much. As @Pink Guy said on Page 1, Monster Jam just isn't as popular as other major sports leagues. That being said, why make a game that may only appeal to SOME fans? I like the thread tho, nice job.

You and @Pink Guy both make excellent points, and I have to say it's a damn shame that Monster Jam doesn't get the attention it deserves. I maybe asking for too much, but in the end; it's what I want out a game. I want this game to appeal to younger fans as well since I see kids play Madden all the time at my public library in the "Teen Hangout Room." For the younger fans, an arcade mode would seem to be necessary to satisfy them, and then eventually go to the core game. To keep it short, I want it to appeal to the general audience. I was also thinking that since Fox Sports 1 picked up Monster Jam, it would increase the number of fans. Plus, there's another point I want to make when it comes to the game's marketing, YouTubers. YouTubers would heavily promote the game since they would get free copies of it and do online tours with their commentary, much like FIFA and Madden. People would watch that, and they would say,"That game looks awesome, and if He/She's playing it and having a great time with it, then I should but it for myself." That's how little kids and some adults would get into the game, and therefore, Monster Jam would rise from the ashes like the Phoenix, which means an increase in the fanbase. Also, about the thread here, thank you! I tried by best effort, and a lot of people like it, which makes me happy.

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2017 at 7:46 PM, Skyliner849 said:

Another great thing can be arcade mode and simulation mode. Arcade for those kids and simulation for who wants a realistic experience, same with damage with no damage, only cosmetic damage and realistic damage. That would be very good... 

On second thought, I am fully behind this idea of yours. An arcade mode would satisfy the little kids, and people can set the damage level to their liking. Me personally, I'd set everything like it is in Forza, and make it realistic. Plus, the arcade mode can contain stuff like ATV and Speedster races, and stunt contests.

• Upvote 1