My Idea For A Monster Jam Game

IamStevenMalley

1 hour ago, IamStevenMalley said:

Impressive, I like the idea. But I think I went a little more in-depth about everything and gave the reader a chance to breathe. Plus, DLC dude. However, I love what you can do in the areas, so we'll keep that. Just replace letter collecting or whatever with a donut contest for stadiums. So this is an amazing platform to build off of! One last thing, I think that the trucks like Grave Digger, Max-D, Avenger, etc. All of the real life trucks, stadiums, and arenas should be unlocked from the start so people can compete in online competitions from the get go. I say what should be treated as unlockables are customization tools for the truck and track builders. So people can make their own trucks, stadium courses, and arena courses with more tools available. Plus, each truck should have multiple skins. An example of this would be Monster Mutt Dalmatian as a skin for Monster Mutt. Or Mutant being a skin for Monster Energy.

Alright, now that I have the time to do so, I'll capitalize on my ideas, but after I comment on what you said.

I completely forgot that my idea about DLC's wasn't in that little snippet I posted, but yes, DLC would be a part of my perfect game.
Now, the reason why those trucks and stadiums should NOT be unlocked from the get-go, is because those trucks and stadiums being unlocked in multiplayer would be a given so you COULD play with everyone else. Those trucks and stadiums would NOT be unlocked for single player. you have to EARN them. its play value. if everything is already unlocked then what's the point in trying? as for customization unlocks, I thought that was covered in my snippet, but yes, those should be unlockable on and offline. there lays the play value. it will make you want to play the game more. it will keep people playing. they will want to earn special bodies and parts and oldschool skins or skins from previous years. Monster energy would be an absolute no go. monster energy isn't good with the family/children crowd right now, thus why there are no toys, and it hasn't been in the games. BUT, that won't stop someone from making it in the customization feature, with vinyls and that f-150 or escalade body. so you basically cheat the system XD
DLC. I think dlc should be replica tracks from years past, with repaints so they can bypass copyrighting Advance Autoparts, and any other sponsors they use to have. as well as trucks not included in the game launch, such as independants and alternative skins for trucks, etc.this is how I would go if I was gonna make a MONSTER JAM game...

Now, I'm going to move on to my ideas. Considering everyone wants to have Independent promoters, AND FELD as the headliners of the game, it will be impossible to make everyone happy. I say, we take the Rockstar route, and mimic everything like they do with their game, about IRL stuff. make it all look like the IRL stuff, but in a slightly altered way, then take the customization feature for tracks and trucks, make the creator have great detail, and let the FANS make the replica tracks and replica trucks themselves. Albeit, we wont have particular trucks, but we can allow people to have customization options to get as close as possible. like having a face front clip, and a pirate hat, arms on the sides, a shark type body, a dump truck bed, etc props, so you can imitate the real things. everything else is up to how good at vinyl making people are. Mimic the stadiums/arenas, and add in raceways and stuff, that way we can all be happy! It's literally a win win! now just add in all the ideas from our original post, and we have a game, minus the IRL stuff. Now I know that people are gonna be sad they won't have Monster mutt, or Grave digger, but hey, at least this route, it will be more possible to have our cake and eat it, and like I said before, have ALIKE truck bodies, so people can replicate with vinyls! then put it on a fileshare system for everyone to be able to download! so people kinda CAN have Digger and Mutt! OR, if the creators wanted to, they could make DLC trucks that they release every so often, that sort of capture the identity of IRL trucks.

Absolute do not though, that I don't want to hear or see, is driving from show to show. that crap is dumb and boring to children (and basically everyone). remember who you're marketing to. YES I know we are kinda making this for adults, but there has to be a child aspect to this game, so there can be a base market to sell to.

10 hours ago, xNITROxBUNNYx said:

Alright, now that I have the time to do so, I'll capitalize on my ideas, but after I comment on what you said.

I completely forgot that my idea about DLC's wasn't in that little snippet I posted, but yes, DLC would be a part of my perfect game.
Now, the reason why those trucks and stadiums should NOT be unlocked from the get-go, is because those trucks and stadiums being unlocked in multiplayer would be a given so you COULD play with everyone else. Those trucks and stadiums would NOT be unlocked for single player. you have to EARN them. its play value. if everything is already unlocked then what's the point in trying? as for customization unlocks, I thought that was covered in my snippet, but yes, those should be unlockable on and offline. there lays the play value. it will make you want to play the game more. it will keep people playing. they will want to earn special bodies and parts and oldschool skins or skins from previous years. Monster energy would be an absolute no go. monster energy isn't good with the family/children crowd right now, thus why there are no toys, and it hasn't been in the games. BUT, that won't stop someone from making it in the customization feature, with vinyls and that f-150 or escalade body. so you basically cheat the system XD
DLC. I think dlc should be replica tracks from years past, with repaints so they can bypass copyrighting Advance Autoparts, and any other sponsors they use to have. as well as trucks not included in the game launch, such as independants and alternative skins for trucks, etc.this is how I would go if I was gonna make a MONSTER JAM game...

Now, I'm going to move on to my ideas. Considering everyone wants to have Independent promoters, AND FELD as the headliners of the game, it will be impossible to make everyone happy. I say, we take the Rockstar route, and mimic everything like they do with their game, about IRL stuff. make it all look like the IRL stuff, but in a slightly altered way, then take the customization feature for tracks and trucks, make the creator have great detail, and let the FANS make the replica tracks and replica trucks themselves. Albeit, we wont have particular trucks, but we can allow people to have customization options to get as close as possible. like having a face front clip, and a pirate hat, arms on the sides, a shark type body, a dump truck bed, etc props, so you can imitate the real things. everything else is up to how good at vinyl making people are. Mimic the stadiums/arenas, and add in raceways and stuff, that way we can all be happy! It's literally a win win! now just add in all the ideas from our original post, and we have a game, minus the IRL stuff. Now I know that people are gonna be sad they won't have Monster mutt, or Grave digger, but hey, at least this route, it will be more possible to have our cake and eat it, and like I said before, have ALIKE truck bodies, so people can replicate with vinyls! then put it on a fileshare system for everyone to be able to download! so people kinda CAN have Digger and Mutt! OR, if the creators wanted to, they could make DLC trucks that they release every so often, that sort of capture the identity of IRL trucks.

Absolute do not though, that I don't want to hear or see, is driving from show to show. that crap is dumb and boring to children (and basically everyone). remember who you're marketing to. YES I know we are kinda making this for adults, but there has to be a child aspect to this game, so there can be a base market to sell to.

I can see why Monster Energy would be a no go, but at the same time there's merch of those trucks for kids.

Mine would be basically pod but a lot of upgrades, physics should be changed so you don't side wall and a little more physic change pod had great potential but they blew it, everything was great on it but it was lacking something, dlc, physic enhancements, more tours, and harder difficulties. If they made another mj game now and learned from their mistakes it would have been great, they needed a lot more stadiums, trucks, and more ways to customize trucks also be able to duplicate them so you can make more and not have to delete the one you already made, it would be cool if you can make your own tracks (idk how you would texture them or put in a stadium) BUT ONE THING IS IT NEEDS DLC 

18 minutes ago, Elias said:

Mine would be basically pod but a lot of upgrades, physics should be changed so you don't side wall and a little more physic change pod had great potential but they blew it, everything was great on it but it was lacking something, dlc, physic enhancements, more tours, and harder difficulties. If they made another mj game now and learned from their mistakes it would have been great, they needed a lot more stadiums, trucks, and more ways to customize trucks also be able to duplicate them so you can make more and not have to delete the one you already made, it would be cool if you can make your own tracks (idk how you would texture them or put in a stadium) BUT ONE THING IS IT NEEDS DLC 

I already covered DLC in earlier posts with some help.

3 hours ago, litl_e_fan said:

DLC can be nice and all but I like it better when the game actually ships with a reasonable amount of content.

The core game would have a majority of trucks. DLC would be indie trucks like time flys, and skins for trucks like Avenger, Digger, and Max-D.

22 hours ago, xNITROxBUNNYx said:

To quote again, Forza Horizon 3 has a trophy truck, and the default skin for that is Monster Energy. Parents don't seem too upset about that, so incorporating the Monster Energy trucks cannot be that bad. So it's a go for them. Also, I have a better understanding that everything is unlocked for multiplayer, and you have to unlock content for the single player mode for replay value.

On 6/5/2017 at 0:41 AM, IamStevenMalley said:

To quote again, Forza Horizon 3 has a trophy truck, and the default skin for that is Monster Energy. Parents don't seem too upset about that, so incorporating the Monster Energy trucks cannot be that bad. So it's a go for them. Also, I have a better understanding that everything is unlocked for multiplayer, and you have to unlock content for the single player mode for replay value.

That game isn't marketed to a child audience though