Track Talk Thread

Warwizard

(hopefully this thread is interesting enough to have some good conversations)

So I've been watching both old and new monster jam freestyles and events and I came to the realization of how awesome some tracks are and how interesting they can get. Like, despite being an absolute truck eater, I loved World Finals 5.

I'm just going to make this thread in honor of the wacky weather that has made tracks interesting (Miami 2012, World Finals 6, El Paso's weird sand-like tracks, etc.), this is gonna be for honoring the tracks that the USHRA/FELD has made and the weirdest things that have happened to tracks, obstacles, basically anything track related. So have fun.

Saying this now before this thread would inevitably steer into "THE NEW TRACKS SUCK BRING BACK THE CARS AND BUSES"

Please keep in mind how expensive it is to buy junk cars now and how less scrapyards keep them around like before, and also keep in mind debris flying into the crowd are legitimate reasons.

That in mind one thing I do miss, and something that could and should be changed is the great paint schemes. Every track had character (think about it, from 2004-2008 every track was bus and dirt ramp but no one complained because the paint was fantastic) and I feel the unique paint design of the track is missed from the last few years. 

19 hours ago, Pink Guy said:

That in mind one thing I do miss, and something that could and should be changed is the great paint schemes. Every track had character (think about it, from 2004-2008 every track was bus and dirt ramp but no one complained because the paint was fantastic) and I feel the unique paint design of the track is missed from the last few years. 

Back in those days I still remember all of the ramps had some kind of cool pattern in them, like fire or lightning, or even spider webs if I recall correctly. That was definitely something that made the shows more enjoyable to watch.

1 hour ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Back in those days I still remember all of the ramps had some kind of cool pattern in them, like fire or lightning, or even spider webs if I recall correctly. That was definitely something that made the shows more enjoyable to watch.

In my personal opinion World Finals 8 (the first one i watched) was one of my favorite tracks/shows to watch not only because of the triple bus and pure originality but the paint designs on that trucks, Middle ramp in particular really stood out as a unique track. Track paint for sure adds enjoy ability to watch because everything was different

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

In my personal opinion World Finals 8 (the first one i watched) was one of my favorite tracks/shows to watch not only because of the triple bus and pure originality but the paint designs on that trucks, Middle ramp in particular really stood out as a unique track. Track paint for sure adds enjoy ability to watch because everything was different

For me seeing the new WF track paints was almost as good as seeing special WF bodies.

1 hour ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

For me seeing the new WF track paints was almost as good as seeing special WF bodies.

I agree with that. One of my favorite paints was the huge double bus stack they had in World Finals 8 (Irishbulldog422 was talking about WF9, but that WF is one of my favorites of all time), where there was lighting on one side, a desert with cacti and all this cool stuff, and then more paint on the down ramp.