Show Your Projects Chapter 58

Swegliner849

19 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

*post gets deleted*

made a thing.

great job! Can you help me make the breakable settings on your old trucks more realistic? Ex: Wheels break off in hard landings, or driveshaft can be torn off. 

3 minutes ago, maxdman said:

Early beta of this.  I'm not happy with the skybox on there or how my lighting looks so I'm going to change those.  Also I'm going to see if I can work out two .odef files to have portions of the track muddy and other not.

Stunning, East Rutherford looks great!

6 hours ago, maxdman said:

Early beta of this.  I'm not happy with the skybox on there or how my lighting looks so I'm going to change those.  Also I'm going to see if I can work out two .odef files to have portions of the track muddy and other not.

All I have to say is: for the love of god make the front of the big air ramp crossthreadable on the sides instead of insta backflip.... idk if it was you who made foxboro but it the sides on ALL the big air ramp fronts need to be crossthreadable... not a near 90 degree side......... no straight up and down jump, a crossthread with air...

4 hours ago, xNITROxBUNNYx said:

All I have to say is: for the love of god make the front of the big air ramp crossthreadable on the sides instead of insta backflip.... idk if it was you who made foxboro but it the sides on ALL the big air ramp fronts need to be crossthreadable... not a near 90 degree side......... no straight up and down jump, a crossthread with air...

Yeah phrasing it like that isn't gonna make you get your wish buddy. Sorry but you sound so ungrateful considering he put all this work in and all you're doing is complaining over a minute detail. 

6 hours ago, xNITROxBUNNYx said:

1 hour ago, maxdman said:

giphy.gif

Seriously @xNITROxBUNNYx, STFU. If you don't have evidence to make your claim, then just back off. @maxdman has given us dead on perfect tracks for 2 years now, what have you made. NONE!

@maxdman, phenomenal job man. You're on a role so far! Your progress as a track maker has really blossomed over the years. You really have come a long way. Awesome job man.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, maxdman said:

lol, no.  If you would look at reference photo's East Rutherford's step up type dirt ramp has steeper sides on the lower half than Foxborough's.  So for the sake of realism, no I wont make it cross -threadable.  If you keep back-flipping change the way you approach the ramp, whether that is mph or gear.  Same goes for the backflip ramp at foxborough, I've successfully flipped multiple trucks with different shock set-ups, that's part of my testing process to make sure all the jumps react in similar ways to trucks with different set-ups.  Change the way you drive and adapt to the track, not every track or backflip ramp is the same in real life, drivers have to adapt and change their driving style to the specific track they are at, same goes for this game.  

Looking back at different angles of the foxborough track, you are right, the smaller half of the launch ramp is not as steep as I had it, but its such a minute detail that I'm not going back and changing it.  Just change the way you drive the track, or don't hit that ramp.  If I recall from youtube videos no truck hit the ramp on either side you are taking about, so I didn't see how trucks were supposed to react to the ramp.  

But I'm glad you appreciate the tracks I make and the unnecessary details that give each and everyone of you immersion into the map to make it seem as real as possible.  I can't wait to see what content you produce for everyone to enjoy! 

The comeback is so beautiful! Your summer stadium tracks are beyond astounding right now, and heaven knows how giddy I'd be if Nashville is in the cards for next. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, xNITROxBUNNYx said:

I'm not trying to be an ass or make enemies, just pointing out my reasons behind what I do.  If you would like content to be different than what has been made by any content creator, feel free to try things yourself.  There is a great tutorial and software section on this site, and by browsing youtube you can find a few different tutorials on creating content for this game.  It will be difficult at first, but practice makes perfect.  I started with sketchup over 4 years ago, then moved to blender, and I was terrible at both.  Everyone starts somewhere, but it takes time and patience to become a proficient content creator.  Don't let my aggressive comments deter you from this site or learning how to create content.  I feel like this site is dying and we need up and coming content creators to keep pushing this game in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Pink Guy said:

The comeback is so beautiful! Your summer stadium tracks are beyond astounding right now, and heaven knows how giddy I'd be if Nashville is in the cards for next. 

Sorry no Nashville coming out from me!  I only did East Rutherford because the stadium model was already there, all I had to do was retexture it, and make slight modifications to the foxborough ramps to be accurate to East Rutherford.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, maxdman said:

I'm not trying to be an ass or make enemies, just pointing out my reasons behind what I do.  If you would like content to be different than what has been made by any content creator, feel free to try things yourself.  There is a great tutorial and software section on this site, and by browsing youtube you can find a few different tutorials on creating content for this game.  It will be difficult at first, but practice makes perfect.  I started with sketchup over 4 years ago, then moved to blender, and I was terrible at both.  Everyone starts somewhere, but it takes time and patience to become a proficient content creator.  Don't let my aggressive comments deter you from this site or learning how to create content.  I feel like this site is dying and we need up and coming content creators to keep pushing this game in the right direction.

Sorry no Nashville coming out from me!  I only did East Rutherford because the stadium model was already there, all I had to do was retexture it, and make slight modifications to the foxborough ramps to be accurate to East Rutherford.

Understandable! I know how much of a pain in the arse making a whole new stadium model (especially at the level of detail you're associated with) can be