Proud. (Please Read)

(I had no idea which section to put this in and nor did I really know what to call it)

Dear Community,

As a member who joined this site around the time of its birth and has managed to stay active on it up until this day, I just wanted to tell you all how amazing it is to see this site still alive today. I don't mean that in a mean way whatsoever, but just being able to witness all of its ups, (V4 release, the first ever 'breakable' trucks, etc.) and downs, (the V5 incident, well known members and friends leaving the site, etc.) makes me so proud of you all to still be able to see such a community alive today. I know I've posted something like this forever ago but things have changed drastically and I feel like this community as a whole needs to understand how far they have come. Although I have never ever done a league or made any projects of any detail or significance or have had any long time friends or friends at all on this site, I've always remained active and its amazing to see how this site went from just having just a V1 truck pack and a interpretation of World Finals 9 in the downloads section, and a forum littered with 10 year olds begging for tracks and trucks, all the way to a site that has made some of the most realistic trucks and tracks I've seen, a community that has evolved, matured, and bonded(Along with making multiple organized leagues with custom tracks and trucks). I know everyone feels like this site is dying (and I seen its had that mentality since 2015), moderators and admins alike should be proud of how far they've come and that they have managed to (with the help of others in the community) keep this site alive. I feel like we as a community are slowly coming back out of the "this site is dying" mentality and I feel that we will eventually break through. This site has gone through several evolutions and I feel like we will go through another very soon. I'm sorry for those who think that this is just some spam or something, this has been in my head a lot recently after reading old topics and browsing the site. Now I know this is a long thing for me to say but seriously the fact that this site is still alive and active even after some of its roughest times goes to show how strong all of your passion for 3D design and game modding really is. It's so awesome to see people still interact and enjoy this game that's been YEARS in the works and how everyone loves (and loved) making content for us all. Now I just want to individually recognize groups for their contribution because they damn well deserve it.

To all the past and present moderators and admins: Thank you so much for making this site what it is. although your position/duty on this website isn't the most fun at times, you are the main reason why the site is still living. Thank you

To all the league organizers, fun runners, etc.: Although I've never been in a league or proper fun run, thank you for making people enjoy the competitiveness of the game and enjoy the game and put more people into the interest of this game.

To all the active members, long timers, legends of the site, etc.: Thank you for making the site fun to talk on, thank you for keeping it active and alive along with the moderators and admins.

To the content creators: Thank you for sharing your talent and passion and making the content what it is today.

We as a community have come a long way. It may have not been the smoothest sailing at all times, but its been so much fun to ride the waves that we've gotten onto.

Thank you all,

Warwizard/Ryan

• Upvote 14

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for sticking around through everything. Hopefully, it will be here for a while longer to meet the community's needs. I'm still around if anyone has ideas or whatnot.

I don't do help me make a truck or how to paint request..... however, if you have legit criticisms or ideas pass them along and Ill do what I can to get them implemented if feasible. 

• Upvote 3

Your words have been heard. Thanks for the appreciation post. Its definitely needed.

With that being said, super thank you to all the guys (and girls, i guess if you're out there.... who have even TRIED to make some content, even if its not the greatest. You guys have room to grow and become crazy good track makers and truck makers. The potential is definitely there. More advanced content makers don't let this new wave of creators pass by!

Here's to more progress guys!

Thanks for the kind words. I've been on this site since 2011 and did not start getting into truck creating about a year after V4 came out. Getting ready to get back into it since taking a break from content creation for a month. My plan is to get my Captain's Curse pack done first then start working on my other projects. 

On 5/21/2017 at 0:17 AM, Warwizard said:

Although I have never ever done a league or made any projects of any detail or significance or have had any long time friends or friends at all on this site, I've always remained active and its amazing to see how this site went from just having just a V1 truck pack and a interpretation of World Finals 9 in the downloads section, and a forum littered with 10 year olds begging for tracks and trucks, all the way to a site that has made some of the most realistic trucks and tracks I've seen, a community that has evolved, matured, and bonded(Along with making multiple organized leagues with custom tracks and trucks). 

I have always been in a similar position of involvement, and I couldn't agree more.

It's all about support, recognition, and respect for those who really deserve it in these parts.

The major contributors over the years have earned more than we can give in return.  

Preach, brotha!

I too thank you for the kind words, though my contribution to this site isn't anywhere near what some other folks have done. But i'll be honest, I never thought I would get as involved as I have with this game and community. I love painting truck skins and will continue to do so as long as people need paints done, and I wanna thank anyone and everyone who has trusted me enough to make a skin for them. On the other hand, running a league is something I never thought I would do but it just so happened that one day I went a bit insane in the membrane and went head long into it; and thus RoR MT Pro was born. From there came helping out with other leagues such as ORL, SSRS (rip), SMRA and a few others, as well as hosting the Hump Day Shootouts and a few King Of The Hill events. Now MTP has been on hiatus for a couple years but it is far from defunct, and I will run it for sure this year; it will be scaled back from what I had originally planned, but it'll still be fun. Oh, and rest assured that I will get something happening with the leafers as well; and I might have something in the works that has never been seen before around these parts too.

I'm far from done on this site and this site is far from dead imo, so until I see otherwise expect me to continue being active around here in more ways than one.