Wanting to Make Content

Recently I've been thinking about starting to make tracks in blender. It looks super fun and I want to try to make a commitment to it. My only issue is that I'm not sure if its as fun or easy as I thought and I don't know where to start. Yes, I know theres a track making tutorial in the tutorial section but I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what its like to start out making tracks and what kind of work you guys put into it and such, etc. Also I want to know what you guys use to make tracks, what version of the program, and if its free or not. Thank you for your patience in reading this

Maybe im not the most experienced guy at making tracks but im getting to it. There is a few crush cars, vans and buses in the scrapyard section. There is a few stadium models aswell, most of the people use blender 2.49b. Personally track making is not that hard, its just fun for me.

• 2 weeks later...

As a relatively new comer to track creation I can tell you at first it is hard and I wont lie I had to watch the tutorial video on here multiple times and re watch certain parts. But after the aggravation of learning how to model and get it into the game you are set! I find that currently it is very fun to make tracks however it takes a lot of time. My standard creation time is anywhere between 1 hour and 5 hours and I've only done 13 tracks of which only 1 is public.

Same as ? for me it was really frustrating at first it took me about a month to get the hang of it, but once you get into it it's really fun when you know you can make the track if your dreams makes you happy and know that you can put whatever you want on it's been about 8 months and I'm still learning, I just learned how to sculpt a ramp easier and better accouple days ago, I have made about 20 tracks and only about 4 were release and they weren't that good in my eyes but it made me happy that people enjoyed them and gave me motivation to keep going, it doesn't take that long to make a track, I made like 3 custom tracks in a week and almost ready to release them just need to tweak them a bit