What is your favourite World Finals moment?

Helvigster

Just curious to see everyone's opinions on this. What is your favourite World Finals moment? It can be from any World Finals.

My personal favourites are Dennis winning the racing championship in 2004, Tom winning the racing championship in 2012 and Cam winning the freestyle championship in 2012.

Huge list, but here goes nothing:

• The Three Way Tie in 2004 - Tom Meents had the best run by far, but the other two also had spectacular runs.
  • Madusa winning Racing in 2005 - Proved that it's not just males who can become world champions.
  • John Seasock winning Racing in 2008 - Showed Meents that he's not the only one who can go back to back in world championships.
  • Adam Anderson's winning freestyle in 2008 - Hats off to Dawn Creten for her run, but Adam pulled out a run that was as crazy as Taz himself.
  • The first ever backflip attempt in 2009 - Though unsuccessful, this invaded all social media sites.
  • Dennis Anderson vs. Tom Meents in the Final Round of 2010 - You just couldn't take a pick with this race. Heck, we almost saw a repeat of it in 2014.
  • Charlie Pauken's winning freestyle in 2010 - Once deemed the all time greatest World Finals freestyle. Won't be surprised if it wins the NGK Spark Plugs Vote.
  • Jim Koehler's winning freestyle in 2011 - Became the 2nd driver to win Freestyle more than once that year, and honestly had a better run than Cam.
  • Tom Meents winning his 10th World Championship in 2012 - The impossible happened...and it may happen again with Grave Digger by the end of the decade.
  • Cam McQueen's winning freestyle in 2012 - Frontflip and a backflip. 'Nuff said.
  • Todd LeDuc's winning freestyle in 2014 - One of the all time greatest Monster Jam freestyles. If Pauken doesn't win the vote, this is my next pick.
  • Mike Vaters II's winning freestyle in 2015 - Shows why you should NEVER underestimate a rising star.
  • Ryan Anderson's freestyle in 2015 - Definitely robbed, but was an insane run.
  • Morgan Kane winning racing in 2016 - You know you've had a hell of a World Finals if you become a world champion on only your 2nd year competing in it.
  • Cam McQueen's corkscrew in 2016 - Who would'a thunk it.
  • Ryan Anderson winning racing this year - I was flipping out so much after this victory that I needed to take my inhaler. That's how happy I was.
  • Lee O'Donnell's frontflip and winning freestyle this year - First time we saw two new champions on the same year since 2007. The frontflip spread like wildfire everywhere.
  • Neil Elliott's freestyle this year - Can't deny that it was one of his best freestyles of all time, but I can't say he was most certainly robbed, either.

7 hours ago, mdemko said:

meents run in 04 was complete sh*t.... all he did was stuff the truck into obsticles. No air, no anything. 

The reason that run is so profound is because nobody (at least not that I'm aware of) had run a truck that hard, that broken, for that long, up until that point. It's not great for anything technical at all, clearly.

On 6/1/2017 at 5:44 PM, Pink Guy said:

Still eons better than Madusa's run. Hands down the worst freestyle championship run of all time.

should have been sosa all the way. that dude drove the pants off a hurt truck.... rolled the truck during racing and the rear end was shot.

NGK Spark Plugs Vote Update 6/5/2017: Tom Meents's run in Goldberg from 2001 wins the Round 1 vote over his run in Team Meents from 2002, 54% to 44%

Next Vote: Charlie Pauken - Monster Mutt - 2010 VS. Jim Koehler - Avenger - 2011; Pauken is winning so far 74% to 24%.

Update 6/8/17: Charlie Pauken's run in Monster Mutt from 2010 wins Round 1 in a landslide over Jim Koehler's run in Avenger from 2011; 73% to 27%

Next Vote: Tom Meents - Maximum Destruction - 2006 VS. Pablo Huffaker - Captain's Curse - 2007; Meents is winning so far 80% to 20%.