SMRA Season 4 Update Post!

Outlawed

Been meaning to make this post for a while now, as some were wondering Season 4 starting in April/May unfortunately did not happen. I held off from making anything official (with things were up in the air for myself) but with it creeping into summer time I realized that it would better for me to run SMRA at the start of Winter. So as of now I am aiming to start SMRA back up at the end of October/beginning of November! I believe this will be better for the majority of racers and it will give a chance for new comers to get their trucks ready and approved for the upcoming season!

For those that are new to the site or have never run SMRA, this league on the surface is like any other but SMRA has a twist in that you are required drive realistically while keeping track of your travel and damage costs.
Returning competitors will be glad to know that Season 4 will not have have any drastic changes (as most of those occurred last year) but for those looking to possible participate this up coming year, please take note:

-SMRA uses ROR version 4.6 for it's events!
Download link for ROR 0.4.6 can be found here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7rjir4dv5b75h0a/Rigs-of-Rods-0.4.6.exe

-Your truck must have a "stock" node/beam structure from a default V4 truck! If you are unsure if your truck is legal or not, feel free to message me. Either way, I manually check each truck file before you are allowed to participate. 
Here 

-Your trucks are required to be standalone! This means that you will have to compile all of the necessary mesh and texture files into your zip. You will also  need to add these files to your zip aswell. http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j9cj0lbx1hwz14/Flare+and+White+Wheel+Fix.zip

-There will also be some minor truck file revisions that are mandatory for you to run in the upcoming year. (link below)

If you ran last year your truck is legal. If you are new, you will need to contact me on here and I will add the changes for you. You are required to upload your truck on to the site with the revisions or you will not be running. And do not think you can circumvent the changes because if deemed you are running different settings to gain an advantage, you will be found out thanks to changing ROR versions ;)

-SMRA uses a schedule/booking system. You are not required to qualify into a event, you show up and participate! I try to be as accommodating as possible for everyone while keeping the lineups as fair as humanly possible!

Season 4's schedule will be comprised of a East/West fairground series, with the finale being held at Charlotte Motorspeedway! A returning team/driver and new driver sign up threads will be posted around the start of September but I do urge people to get your trucks ready as early as possible so I do not have to sift through a bunch of trucks the night before the season starts!

Schedule

West
Houston, TX 
Pueblo, Colorado 
Salinas, CA
Chico, CA 
Edmonton, Canada
Eagen, MN 
Springfield, MI
Nashville TN

East
Mount Pleasent, MI
West Lebanon, NY 
Stafford Springs, CT 
West Lampeter, PA 
Gaithersburg, MD 
Virgina Beach, VA
Fayetteville, NC 
Ocala, FL 

World Finals
Charlotte Motorspeedway, NC

Any questions or concerns please feel free to ask!

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, I have osteoperosis said:

Are we strictly using .4.6 or can .4.5 be used as well?

Strictly 4.6, we had way too many issues pop up while trying to use 4.5. Even the people who are now working on RoR said that 4.5 was extremely unstable on all fronts, especially the online play.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

My truck currently has 711 beams instead of the normal 703 or 707, mainly due to running double tie rods. Is this okay? Everything else is stock v4 as I'm using Blaise's SUD as source material.

Edited my post as I forgot to add that, gotta be Box5's original node/beam structure with no alterations.

Thank you for updating us Kozak! Love the speedway/fairground style since I'm a huge indie guy. Personally feel like I've gotten a lot better and can actually now let everything loose since I'm not in an arena. Is there any rules towards trucks to use like non-feld owned trucks only? Figured I'd ask since I was Blue Thunder last season. 

On 7/29/2017 at 8:09 PM, MasonThompson said:

Thank you for updating us Kozak! Love the speedway/fairground style since I'm a huge indie guy. Personally feel like I've gotten a lot better and can actually now let everything loose since I'm not in an arena. Is there any rules towards trucks to use like non-feld owned trucks only? Figured I'd ask since I was Blue Thunder last season. 

unless you can afford to upgrade or change parts, names or paintjob, you are stuck to what you ran last season, and you will start this season with whatever your budget was at the end of last season.

With me being a total idiot when it comes to editing truck files, if i were to send my truck to you would you be willing to make the necessary changes, i understand you are probably very busy with real life so if not its totally ok 

11 hours ago, racingrichardYT said:

Im brand new to this. Should i just message you.

what are you seeking clarification for?

3 hours ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

With me being a total idiot when it comes to editing truck files, if i were to send my truck to you would you be willing to make the necessary changes, i understand you are probably very busy with real life so if not its totally ok 

Either way it has to be checked by me, so if you are unsure or unable to make the changes you can leave it for me to do.