Official Monster Truck 2K18 Thread

MoreMonsterJam

24 minutes ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

Will this years hosts be as stiff and rehearsed as last years hosts? Probably. Will they not know a lick about monster trucks? Probably. Will it be awkward with technical difficulties? Probably. Will it be a train wreck? I hope so, I love a good train wreck.

Personally I'm kinda hyped to see what they do, and im hoping they learned from last year but yet that would be quite entertaInning as well

Youtube link for anyone who needs it.

News from the stream (Let me know if I forgot anything)

Partnering with Netflix a truck from the past will make it's return for 3 events.

As we know, the World Finals is back to 2 days, March 23 and 24.

A new truck from the guys from the show "Diesel Brothers" that is diesel powered will debut in 2018, sounds like it is called the Brodozer.

Brianna Mahon will be driving a truck called "Whiplash"

An early access pass for pit parties on Saturday's are now available for Stadium shows

All tour champions get an automatic bid in the World Finals

Racing includes all 14 trucks in stadiums, fastest two go to the second round automatically, and new event called the "Two Wheel Challenge"

Max of 42 points for stadium shows, winners get 14 points for each event, 13 for 2nd 12 for 3rd etc.

Judges Zone will be used everywhere

Arena course layout looks the same.

Cars are included in the Chicago style course

Marc McDonald is driving Cleatus

Dennis Anderson is officially retired from competition

Colt Stephens is driving the Brodozer

A service/website called Monsterjam.TV was teased with footage from old and newer events, If I had to guess this is a service similar to the WWENetwork with most, if not all old monster jam shows and what not available

Thoughts on the stream:

• I liked the clever mix of lineups; Buddy Tompkins and Travis Groth in Megalodon, Brandon Vinson in Grave Digger, Linsey Read back in Scooby-Doo, Colt Stephens in Brodozer, and Marc McDonald in Cleatus (Even tho I'm REALLY gonna miss him being in El Toro)
  • Whiplash looks far different than I expected. 
  • Brodozer looks really cool.
  • Dennis Anderson announcing his retirement left a huge frown on me.
  • Some of the drivers mentioned in MJU look like they have a lot of potential, judging by the footage seen.
  • Really hoping those IG kids don't leak the returning truck.....

Also, I just realized looking back at the stream; NEA Police may be retired at the end of 2017.