Converting a beamng track to ror

Nick Worthmen

Question

10 answers to this question

On 8/25/2017 at 6:39 PM, Medalwarrior215 said:

Hey I was wondering  is there a way to convert beamng tracks to ror  and if there's a way please tell me how thanks 

you're technically not allowed to unless you get permission from the creators. It is possible, but I recommend not trying it

On 8/25/2017 at 5:39 PM, Medalwarrior215 said:

Hey I was wondering  is there a way to convert beamng tracks to ror  and if there's a way please tell me how thanks 

I know that there is a way to convert ROR tracks to beamng but I don't know if it is possible the other way around. But if it is I would want MT Fairgrounds.

15 minutes ago, TheArchitect said:

I know that there is a way to convert ROR tracks to beamng but I don't know if it is possible the other way around. But if it is I would want MT Fairgrounds.

The only tracks I know of that are possible are St Louis 2016, WF16, Syracuse 2016, Beamng Center, Beamng Stadium, and 1 other racing only track. Again, I don't recommend doing it because permission is needed from the original creator to do so.

49 minutes ago, ABgamerX said:

The only tracks I know of that are possible are St Louis 2016, WF16, Syracuse 2016, Beamng Center, Beamng Stadium, and 1 other racing only track. Again, I don't recommend doing it because permission is needed from the original creator to do so.

I know about the permission thing but if those are the only possible ones that are known of then WF 16,BeamNG Center and BeamNG Stadium would be good

It's not possible unless you model the tracks yourself in blender, as they are made with BeamNG's Terrain Editor.  Most of the 3D modeled tracks are from here with proper permissions from the author to use.  You'd just do more work for yourself converting something already here.

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2018 at 8:38 AM, Destructive Nightmare said:

It's not possible unless you model the tracks yourself in blender, as they are made with BeamNG's Terrain Editor.  Most of the 3D modeled tracks are from here with proper permissions from the author to use.  You'd just do more work for yourself converting something already here.

What about the tracks that were made in blender? Like Washington 2016, St Louis 2016, Beamng St Louis, etc. Are those possible to convert?

2 hours ago, RORMADNESS said:

What about the tracks that were made in blender? Like Washington 2016, St Louis 2016, Beamng St Louis, etc. Are those possible to convert?

They can be, as long as you are granted permission to do so

2 hours ago, RORMADNESS said:

Can you say how? The tracks would be for personal use only.

You need to import the .dae file into Blender the same way you import .mesh.xml files. when you download Blender from this site, you get a bunch of scripts, one of them SHOULD be a .dae file import/exporter. You import it into blender via the .dae importer then export as a .mesh.xml file