Cache

monsterjam16'

Question

3 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, monsterjam16' said:

Just was wondering what exactly cache is. I see the the configurator that there is the "Regen Cache" and "Clear Cache" function. I didn't know if hitting either of these buttons would impact my games performance or just effect the amount of space the game takes up. 

Thanks

It's the game loading files/textures before hand to creating an inventory of loaded mods. If certain textures or files overlap and mess with each other, regen cache or clear cache allows the game to create a new cache to incorporate new mods, textures, etc.

9 minutes ago, LordFrosting said:

It's the game loading files/textures before hand to creating an inventory of loaded mods. If certain textures or files overlap and mess with each other, regen cache or clear cache allows the game to create a new cache to incorporate new mods, textures, etc.

so is it recommended to clear the cache or does it have no effect to never clear or regen cache

42 minutes ago, monsterjam16' said:

so is it recommended to clear the cache or does it have no effect to never clear or regen cache

Regenerating the cache will automatically reload the stored files and textures, and clearing it will remove them all and reload them the next time the game is run. I wouldn't recommend doing either unless you add zips, files to zips, etc. or you just want to try to improve performance/fix bugs, as it's really just an unnecessary waste of time otherwise.