Upcoming Game Discussions

RKM

Alright after a long night of playing Black Ops me and my friends have decided it is pretty much them same as World at War (engine/graphics wise). The online maps are pretty sick, have the same feel as the mw2 maps plus they reused alot of stuff from mw2 like the plane from afgahn is on one of the maps plus some other little things. On xbox atleast it was impossible to get into a lobby without losing someone from our party, plus it would take for ever to find a game even through almost 3 mil people were on around 9 PM. The new weapons system is pretty cool other than your level still decides what guns you can use, but perks, attachments and all that can be purchased with points earned from playing online. The sniper guns absolutely suck in this game also. Killstreaks have been modified so its harder to get airstrikes and stuff like that and they added some new kill streaks like the rc car and spy planes. The campaign is absolutely amazing (kind of hard to follow) but the way things unfold is pretty realistic and the game even starts out following the Cuban Missile crisis. This game is a must have imo.

Haven't bothered to buy black ops yet... Might get it this weekend, but I've run into a dilemma. PC or ps3? I need to update my ps3 library caz I only have like 5 or 6 games, but I hate PSN. I hate it with a passion! How many of y'all have black ops for ps3, and how many for PC? I'm also tempted to just buy an xbox360, but don't want to pay for xbl.

Casey I agree with you for the most part, the story mode was really cool, the one part where you had to go stab napalm barrels while constant respawning enemies could have been better pronounced as what you had to do.

Online multi I had no issues with, I had maybe a hour and a half of playtime and hovered around my usual K:D os 1.80/2.0 to 1. I love being able to buy what you want and not waste money on guns or upgrades that you never use anyways. Lots of unlockable stuff which is sweet, the amount of customization is also a big step in the right direction. Now I am sure if you finished campaign you got the wicked nazi zombie extra map and the people you get to play as? absolutely brilliant! Also a massive thumbs up for tieing in the WAW zombie story line (yes there was one that was actually quite deep) with the black ops story line was just bad buns.

Now sniping online is a bit harder yes but I do like it because now there wont be as many try hard quick scoping nubs running around trying to get trick shots or stupid poo. its like it is in real life, which I applaud. So far every gun and perk seems to be pretty balanced for what I can see. Connection wise I didnt have too many issues but there was the odd game where i was single or two bar connection which was happy. The one thing treyarch did well with in WAW was quick patches for like under map glitches and what not so I am not too worried about too many exploits.