NASCAR Discussion

RKM

Thread Rules

1. No driver bashing...that goes for everyone.
  2. No false information (if you post information I expect to see a source with it)
  3. You may post rumors IF you have a source to go with it.

Might as well get an official thread going for this now.

So, looks like Kurt Busch is gone from Penske...not surprised honestly. Not 100% officially announced but that will likely come a bit later today.

(source: http://nascar.speedt...e-breaking-news)

Now it's official, Busch/Penske part ways.

"AND been told Ragan has been released by Roush Fenway Racing and Ford to pursue other oppurtunities. Supposedly he was in line to run the #51 Chevy in 2012, but now hearing he will sign a one-year deal to run the #22 Dodge for Penske.(12-5-2011)"

(source:http://www.jayski.co...s.htm#20111204d)

Inception Motorsports plans 2012: per the Inception Motorsports website, the #30 Inception Motorsports team and driver David Stremme, plans to run all the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races but the two road course races [infineon Raceway and Watkins Glen International]. Sponsorship info to be released at a later date.(Inception Motorsports)(11-30-2011)

Not big news but its good to see this team is going to be running basically the full season next year, had some decent runs this season after being a startup team, bright future ahead for them

It'll be David Ragan in the 22. For a year at least. That's what I've heard on Twitter anyways. Would like to see Vickers get it because honestly, Reutimann (I know MWR isn't that great) but to me he is pretty overrated. He hasn't done much in Nationwide and besides the win at Chicago he hasn't done all that good in Cup either. Vickers has shown signs of being a consistent competitor.

Glad to see Penske have the balls to stand up to a driver for once. Especially to a Busch.

i think ragan is too hit and miss hes either up front 1 race and in the back for like 8 races then a good run. but vickers seems to be a more consistent finisher in the top 5-15 every weekend, the only time hes in the back really is when he was involved in a wreck or something like that. if he doesnt go to a full cup ride he will go to nationwide and mop everyone up with sadler

Ragan has been a solid driver, not to mention hes been in 4th rate roush equipment his whole cup career. Tbh Vickers hasnt really done much to impress since his one breakout year with red bull a couple of years ago. Not sure where your pulling you stats from but Ragan had a better year than Vickers in every category, might just be Vickers gets more attention now a days for wrecking than his finishes

"4th rate Roush equipment" is still pretty damn good. Probably every bit as good if not better than "1st rate" Redbull equipment. Just saying.

Vickers had an off year, but keep in mind it was his first season back after missing all but 5 races in 2010. So to expect him to make the chase (As he did in 09) would of been a little farfetched.

Meh. Then we go back to the mid 2000's era where nobody even had attitude or personality. Now that wouldn't be very fun would it? Remember? NASCAR drivers were all robots then.

There's a difference between voicing your opinion and being a outright d-bag. Nobody can deny Kyle's or Robby Gordon's talent and competitive nature, but it's hard to be a fan of someone if they're a huge crybaby or a bully on the track.

Yeah Kyle can be a D-bag but without Kyle Busch right now NASCAR would not be nearly as exciting. Anyone that deny's that is denying reality. Sure hes a doucher but its good to have a villain in the sport. If everyone was a 'good guy' it wouldn't be any fun. And what in gods name do you mean 'bully' on track? Earnhardt was considered a bully on track but he was popular as hell. I guess everyone should run in circles all day without even attempting to win a race or pass somebody. Everyone cried wolf a few years ago that NASCAR wasn't exciting, too vanilla, not enough drama/paybacks or whatever. Now we have it and everyone cries even more! NASCAR has the whiniest and most cynical fans in Sports.

• Upvote 2