Show Your Projects Chapter 1

Klayton

• 4 weeks later...

TheDraguarblend_zps5f4fd37a.png

Draguar's got some carbs and a remodeled dash

These'll definitely find their way onto Ratty

Oh and yes, silly looking as they are, they are real

yet to model the throttle linkage and such bits. No idea how BeamNG does that. If it were source i'd just animate it as a vertex flex or even just an animation and script it to scale in portion to the throttle, but nooooo, we're in alpha

• Upvote 2

because round things take up a load of faces that's why

I see. So, I guess it's only round when it's like a wheel or something really important? Like, sometimes the curb isn't round, but that doesn't really matter. Idk, I was just wondering for a while. Thanks PC.

Yeah, a wheel is ok to stuff an ungodly amount of faces into because it's literally in your face every time you see it, and you see it a lot, whereas the brim around a carb's top is usually hidden by a gigantic blower or a gigantic scoop, and a 12 vert circle is actually probably too much as it is

• 2 weeks later...

Rat fink ahoy!

(View in 3D)
dPKuS.png

Click the image for fun.

Speaking of fun, holy hell it's amazingly fun to model in rat fink style.

The body itself is only about 1/3rd of the way to what i want in the end, and i haven't even started on the Ed Roth anthropomorphic jaguar for the roosterpit, that's going to be a blast to model. And all in all, it'll probably end up looking like Tony the Tiger's drug running goatee embellished evil villainous twin brother from an alternate hot rod universe from hell.

This is going to rock.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...