Help with my turning?

blooberman

Question

Hello there everyone. I am always playing on Rigs of Rods using the Sim-Monsters trucks and tracks. I like todo freestyle and racing, and try to be as realistic as I possibly can. I pretty good at that, but there's one thing I can't seem to master, speeding around the turns in the game. I use the Aux/RWS and I have the hang of it, but whenever I goto a turn i end up either flipping the truck, or it just slides like a drift into the saftey barriers/wall. Why is this? I use Manual shift-with auto clutch. What is the trick?! Please let me know if you've got the answer or a good video explaining this. Thank you all. -blooberman

10 answers to this question

Make sure not to hammer the throttle too much into the turn.. I turn by using the rear steer very little, just to set up the turn. I let go and use my front steer only, while feathering the throttle through the turn. Then again, turning varies for certain tracks, but that is what I normally do. Sorry If you don't understand.. I'm not that great at explaining.

2 things can help you out...1 never go into third gear and 2 when you first start out use the brake and slow down and downshift into first and just take the turns slowly at first then once you get the hang of it speed up the turn a bit then keep doing that and you will be able to slide the truck around the turn pretty fast without down shifting in no time....also counter steer your rear steering with your front steering as you start then progress then once you get the hang of it try turning like Tom does and if you dont like it that way then just go back to counter steering through the turns...i do that i and have won a lot of races so just find a way you like to turn and try to turn that way as fast as you can and you will get the hang of it