MegaUpload Take-Down

IAMTheMegaMan

Guys, i know there are protesters of PIPA and SOPA, and a few followers of it. But one thing i think we can all agree on. The government attacked major sites, the most important to us, i believe, was MegaUpload. They did no doubt, in retaliation to our protests. The funny thing is, if you guys follow on your history, one of the earliest precedents of this country was that agreements were to be made peacefully. There was no violence in these internet protests, and this attack on MegaUpload will no doubt affect sim-monsters, my friends. This is getting out of hand. Thanks for reading guys, may god bless you all.

it wont really affect SM to much because theres other file uploading site but yes SOPA is getting WAAAAAYYYYYY out of hand......based on what i heard there have been like 3 million people sign a potition and becasue of that government are looking back and planning of removing SOPA. I heard a few people of the governament have already backed out and the president already said no to it...i may be wrong but thats the last i heard

If your going to make a topic posting on the matter please do so correctly, it was NOT an attack on megaupload, it was a take-down by the FBI like they've done to numerous sites in the past that host illegal content such as music, movies and games. I highly doubt it has anything to do with PIPA and/or SOPA because it is nothing new unless you've been living in a cave for the last 5 years. I don't really see how it will affect us either since you can (and should) upload your file directly to the site and I wouldn't be shocked if there are more to come.

• Upvote 2

If your going to make a topic posting on the matter please do so correctly, it was NOT an attack on megaupload, it was a take-down by the FBI like they've done to numerous sites in the past that host illegal content such as music, movies and games. I highly doubt it has anything to do with PIPA and/or SOPA because it is nothing new unless you've been living in a cave for the last 5 years. I don't really see how it will affect us either since you can (and should) upload your file directly to the site and I wouldn't be shocked if there are more to come.

Even look at LimeWire, you can't even download the software for it anymore. Only website I know of but it's a good example lol.

Well here's some food for thought: Consider SOPA/PIPA goes into effect on some level. Wouldn't this give FELD cause (or at the very least the option) to pursue the use of monster truck licenses from this site? I suspect that, considering they used to remove Monster Jam content on YouTube, were they given a better jumping platform they may want to remove the distribution of their trucks from sites like this. Especially considering they do make video games as well, removing any competition that doesn't benefit them and make a monopoly doesn't come off as an unreasonable thought to me: if you want to control Monster Jam trucks, you need to buy our game.

Just a thought, these laws are scary.

the potential is there Mottoe, that is the scary part. everything we take for granted could be completely pulled out from underneath our feet. I am still optomistic that the bills will never pass as there is too much they would have to remove and patrol online it would cost way too much. and I am sure you know who the goverment will tax to pay for it, so the thought is just a idotic as the people trying to push it forward.

as for hosting the v3 pack on another site, there was an attempt to get a new company to host the files for download last night that did not go to well. we ask that you be patient. the V3 pack is going to be obsolete in a few months anyways

• Upvote 1

acta has been already accepted and been in effect since october and nothing has happened this isnt going to do anything hence why sopa and pipa was still being voted and discussed. acta is nothing to worry about. and mega upload wasnt taken down to send a message. the fbi had proof they knew they had copywrited and pirated stuff on there site and ignored takedown notices for those downloads.

main point acta has been passed since october nothing has happened no censorship or anything. we should all just save our breath for the next time they try to pass a new sopa and pipa.

Yea the Megaupload thing was nothing much to worry about, FBI took them down because they are a US based site with copywrited material openly uploaded and nothing done to stop it. On a side note, they could not stop illegal file sharing because of the way torrents work, basically you are connecting computers to each other via the internet and is basically like puting files on a usb drive and transfering them to another computer but on a much broader scale.

yea megaupload got sloppy and they had servers in the U.S hence why the fbi was able to arrest them and are extraditing them here for conviction. if they didnt have servers here who knows they might not have got shut down and arrested. they knew way before they had infringing material but refused to take them down and were actually earning money from said material so im not really shocked nor upset that they got taken down. this is how we should deal with piracy not by blatantly censoring the internet.

as for acta like i stated before it isnt really going to do anything and has been in effect for months now.if it would have done anything why was the house and senate still trying to pass sopa and pipa? because hollywood knew acta wouldnt be enforced and was not going to work.