Clear and regen? help again please

raptor660f700

Question

okay so i found that screen..... hit the "clear" button and nothing happen.......i know i have to clear and regen but do i put the custom pack into my "packs" file before or after i clear and regen? I guess im not understanding the order in which i have to do this.. i finally found out where the ror config is... i hit clear and nothing happens, then i hit "regen" and it starts redownloading everything going thru some type of process. at the end of that my screen goes black. My computer freezes but all i do is hit "esc" and the computer restores itself. Once i re-enter the game i have all my tracks and the "v3" trucks in the game working.... but the trucks that i just added {example: iron man} still wont work. I am totally not grasping this "clear and regen" thing at all....plese help :wacko:

for some reason when i goto regen it runs thru all the files and gives me some kinda banjo sound {only way i could describe it lol....} almost like a error sound and then the screen goes black. i hit esc. goto the game and the trucks iv downloaded wont work. the only trucks that work in my game are the v3 pack because i didnt have to clear and regen anything maybe its the computer i guess

Don't do regen. The files will reload themselves when you load the game after hitting clear and the game wont crash. Btw, not sure of this will work for everyone, but take a random file out of the ROR trucks or terrains folder. load the game up without doing anything else. It wont load up most of the files and im pretty sure it wont load up the v3 pack. now put the file back in and then load the game up again without doing anything. it should all show up.

i'm having the exact same problem..i have teh v3 zip file in the packs foler of rigs and rods, then i have teh zip file of the patch..it won't let me put a zip file into another zip file..it won't let me extract files to another zip file...i too have messed around with the the cache and regen deal, and it does teh same thing as raptor said...when i hit regen it goes threw like its reloading all the files..then bugs out!.....so i think..like raptor.were a little unclear how this works..is there somewhere where theres a detailed process about doing this??

also..a week ago i was able to get on the sm monster multipler servers...the first night i played by myself for about 30 min then fell asleep.when i work up another guy had come in.and tried chatting with me.ended up saying he was gona boot me..what i'm getting at is the past 2 days i am not seing the server when i hit update..has it been up..or somehow am i blocked from it???

if anyone can help me in more detailed fashion please hit me up on AIM at - JasFon426

i'm having the exact same problem..i have teh v3 zip file in the packs foler of rigs and rods, then i have teh zip file of the patch..it won't let me put a zip file into another zip file..it won't let me extract files to another zip file...i too have messed around with the the cache and regen deal, and it does teh same thing as raptor said...when i hit regen it goes threw like its reloading all the files..then bugs out!.....so i think..like raptor.were a little unclear how this works..is there somewhere where theres a detailed process about doing this??

also..a week ago i was able to get on the sm monster multipler servers...the first night i played by myself for about 30 min then fell asleep.when i work up another guy had come in.and tried chatting with me.ended up saying he was gona boot me..what i'm getting at is the past 2 days i am not seing the server when i hit update..has it been up..or somehow am i blocked from it???

if anyone can help me in more detailed fashion please hit me up on AIM at - JasFon426

In order to put the patch in your V3 pack you have to open the zip of the patch and then select all the files and drag them to the V3 pack.

For the server sometimes it crashes but either way you would still be able to see it in the network listing if it's running.

psshhhh i dont even know how to get on the server...... let alone do this clear and regen stuff......iv been playing the game bymyself for sometime now trying to get better and better i would love to have someone to freestyle or race against to at least compare times and see if im good or not. I just dont get it all my tracks download and i put them into the terrians folder and they all work! But the only trucks that work are the ones from the v3 pack, other than that anything iv tryed to download and "clear" and "regen" have not worked so i may just stick with the trucks i have from the v3 pack.

I was the one who kicked you and I did it just in case if six people wanted to get in the server, all of them could. I also host the server, the reason you haven't been able to see it because I built a new computer and haven't got around to movie my files to this one. It should be up again within a day or two.

I'm with you raptor..my tracks work fine..the V3 truck pack works..but when i try to add any other custom trucks..or the ones from the patch..and try to select them from the list in the game..i get an error

it reads something like this:

OGRE Exceptions

Could not find Material GraveDiggered flare in Billboard Sett :: Set Material name at

..\..\Ogre Main\Src\OgreBillboardset.epp(line 312)

can anyone help me..what am i doing wrong?

thanks to everyone who helped me out..everything is working for me now..raptor..try downloading winzip or winrar....i was using some program called 7 zip but it would nt transfer zip files to another zip folder correctly

i think i have winzip not for sure though all i know is the terrians folder the packs folder and the vehicals folder is on my desktop.....alll i have to do for the tracks is click the track i downloaded and put it into my terrians folder and it works.....same with the v3 pack.....but any other trucks or vehical packs iv downloaded havent worked

ok..your V3 zip file is in the packs folder...double click on the zip file and it opens it up and you see all the files...on your desktop you have whatever zip files of trucks...double click and open that up..so now you have two winzip running...and it shows all the files...drag the truck files ones into the v3 folder