New guy here. :)

Backwards Rob

Another new guy here, discovered ROR from the Monster Mayhem board. I've been looking for a good Monster Truck sim for a while now and I'm pretty impressed so far. The physics are incredible, definitely blows MTM2 out of the water (and of course the console games).

I'm sure I'll have more questions to come but so far I've seen one issue. I believe this track is part of the stock game (the freestyle track on the main menu, the one with porta-johns). My monster truck always wants to get stuck in the crush cars. It seems that every single one I hit, the front wheels get stuck inside of it.. Is this normal or is this some kind of bug?

My dear Backwards Bob, it is normal. It happens even to more experienced guys. :) Sorry I couldn't refuse it...

But seriously, I believe this is an issue well known to the developers and that we will continue to see better and better tracks and obstacles out there.

My dear Backwards Bob, it is normal. It happens even to more experienced guys. :) Sorry I couldn't refuse it...

But seriously, I believe this is an issue well known to the developers and that we will continue to see better and better tracks and obstacles out there.

Good to know, just making sure it wasn't some kind of fix or patch that I was missing.. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, having the cars cause issues is a common thing right now. Happened to me when freestyling last night, caused the truck to behave oddly and even at slow speeds hitting it directly, my truck went sideways.

Like I said the physics are great, but the monster trucks do seem a little light weight to me. Seems like they jump or bounce a little higher than they should, and tip over very easily. If they could be made a little heavier I think it would correct it. But what do I know about the mechanics of the game.. Not sure if that's even possible.

its just scale, they seem small because you see them on the screen. its something not unlike the uncanny valley effect, you just feel disassociated from the truck because its not as big as you know it to be in real life. to scale, the smallest of jumps are actually quite big in real life.

and they only bounce that high because you're dropping sixtey feet to flat, i think they dont bounce enough sometimes, just seems too perfet, i like bouncy like avenger is.

anyway, welcome to the fourms, enjoy your stay

Like I said the physics are great, but the monster trucks do seem a little light weight to me. Seems like they jump or bounce a little higher than they should, and tip over very easily. If they could be made a little heavier I think it would correct it. But what do I know about the mechanics of the game.. Not sure if that's even possible.

Oddly by the truck files the trucks weight more than they should, 7 tons to be exact, 5 tons is 10000lbs, they just have a gearing set up that makes them fast and have alot of power.

But all that aside welcome here and hope you enjoy your stay.

Oddly by the truck files the trucks weight more than they should, 7 tons to be exact, 5 tons is 10000lbs, they just have a gearing set up that makes them fast and have alot of power.

But all that aside welcome here and hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks. :)

Yeah I've just scratched the surface of this game, only played for less than an hour last night. The trucks seemed a light weight to me but from watching youtube videos, you would think you are watching the real thing in many of them. The bounces and saves etc. look real!