What Instrument Do You Play?

Tom P.

Intredasting thread. I've tried to play at least 3 instruments over time, particularly guitar and drums. I own a Dean bass as well but i rarely take it out, since I won it in a contest, and I'm afraid to handle it, lol. Here's a cover video I did with my main guitar which is a Schecter A-7 diamond series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9wM1lUADwc

Does writing songs count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ozu5lDwx-Nk

lyrics come in when sam picks up on drums, one line per bar.

Midnight, on a grassy hill, gazing at the stars.

The two of us, half dreaming, of a world beyond ours.

Oh A million stars and a trillion minds

They say, there’s a man, thinks there’s still life on mars.

Flying, past the stars, longing for a world like ours.

Four legs and two arms, Watching their moons duelling the night sky.

Blue grass torn right through, on their quiet hill once more.

And they say, to themselves, hey you know, there has to be more.

Through the bleak, winter sky, lies the creatures, they never say die

As they dodge, their law, trying to see, if there lies more

As they hide, the clouds part, night skyyyyy, so dark.

And they think, to themselves, I wonder if they ever have war.

They say, there’s a man, still believes in this world of ours.

Though life, may never die, they say, why should you try

They say, there’s a man, who says life is more then just pay

They say, there’s a man, who’s happy, every day.

They say, there’s a land, so far away

And they say, that one day we’ll see it all.

One night, on the hill. Gazing at the brightening sky

They say, there’s a field, where they’re doing it too

Staring, at the stars, oh so subtly different from ours.

And they stare, endlessly, at the four moons, reflecting violently

And sitting there, they say, to themselves.

Out there, all that’s here, I hope there’s a world like ours.

i was behind the camera here, i'm barley making a noise with a slide as it is

i've also done leagues better since then, but this is the only one that got music :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I'ld give life to this old thread.

Look what I found at my door today.

0a8cb12b.jpg

It's a replica of les claypools primary CT 4- string piccolo bass.

-Walnut wood

-32" scale

-EMG active pickup

-Kahler 2410 tremolo

-Active EQ.

• Upvote 2

I play bass guitar, rythem and lead guitar, vocals, drums (vocals and drums mostly, but am well inclined in all) and piano/keyboards/effects. Plus I'm a stage/concept designer. I would post pics, but for the life of life, it asks for a URL, my pics are only on Facebook, which is not allowed. I know trolling isn't allowed here, but Sim-Monsters has kinda trolled me on that. :-P I've been playing all of them (and singing) for 10 years. Have played in numerous bands, my current and permenant band is Kadyium, as drummer/vocalist.

• 2 weeks later...

I played guitar for 7 years. I have a lot of equipment that I've messed with during that time. I know this is about our instruments, but I'm also gonna post pics of what amplifies, and colorizes those instruments.

Also as a side note, I draw much inspiration from Joe Satriani. I love rock music and metal, along with instrumental rock. Sorry for the long post and numerous pics.

I started with a Squier Acoustic. This guitar still sounds and plays great! I then started playing electric guitar and moved to a Squier Affinity Strat.

FenderSquierAcoustic.jpgFENDERSquierAffinityStratElectric.jpg

After a few years of playing with the strat, I moved to my all time favorite guitar: My Ibanez S520 EX.

IBANEZS520EXElectric.jpg

This guitar has gone through some changes with the pickups and potentiometers. Right now it's running a DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck position and a DiMarzio Fred humbuckers in the bridge. It has a 3-way selector switch with the volume and tone knobs being push pull. Push pull pots are basically allowing for varied wiring to further the tonal boundaries of the pickups, and act as a switch. The tone knob switches between humbucking mode, or single coils (allowing for a strat type sound). The volume controls the "high pass filter". In some cases if you want to play quieter with less distortion and wish to clean up the sound being produced, you roll back on the volume knob. Often times, this gives off some low eqs that may be unwanted (depending on style or taste). The high pass filter can be switch on, giving you a boost of high eq, eliminating the lows.

On to amps. My first decent amp was a Crate XT65R. This amp sounded amazing at the time. Especially with an Ibanez TS9-DX Turbo Tube Screamer Overdrive Pedal driving the front end.

xt65r.jpg

Then I bought a Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt amp. This is by far my most favorite and best sounding amp. I also have the floor pedal for the Spider 3.

line6spider3150.jpg

Finally, a purchased an all tube amplifier and 2x12 speaker cab. The amp is a Peavey 3120 and the cab is Egnater Tour Master 2x12.

ampandguitar.jpg

Finally, FX. Various Pedals of all sorts, mostly Boss. Boss BF3 Flanger, two DD3 Delays, RV5 Reverb, CH1 Chorus, TU2 Tuner, Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ernie Ball VP Jr. Volume Pedal, ISP Decimator Noise Reduction, Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer Overdrive Pedal, Way Huge Electronics Pork Loin Overdrive (traded with a fellow guitarist for a Vox Satchurator Distortion Pedal).

pedals.jpg

satchurator.jpg

And the final/and last pedal I bought: Digitech RP1000.

digitechrp1000.jpg