Post your Rides.

liquidfire215

My Dad's Old 2002 Ford F150 King Ranch that he gave to me

Triton 5.4L V8

Now has a little over 180,000 miles on it.

Had this in the family for around 10 years

2002_ford_king_ranch.PNG

My Dad's New Truck

2013 Ford F150 XLT

Coyote 5.0L V8 (Same engine that the new Ford Mustangs have)

2013_ford_f-150-pic-5081945951883467706-

5 hours ago, RockCrwlr said:

Got this babe 2 months ago :wub:.....#FoundOnRoadDead

Upgraded the grille, moved the lightbar behind the grille, upgraded the tow mirrors found on 2008+ models, upgraded the sound system, and just added blue accent lighting behind the grille because why notB). Now to get rid of that god awful utilitu shell and get some nice rims and tires

image.jpeg

Is that a 6 leaker or a 7.3?
Also Cannon, minus the Ram being 2wd, those Cummins 12v will run forever and are stupid easy to get more power out of (the transmission won't like it though)

I was also able to get a bunch of work done to my truck over the past few months.
-replace sagged out front leaf springs since it is riding on bumpstops
Was unable to get ATS 2" rise springs due to the insane shipping cost, was able to source a spring company within a reasonable distance to build me a set. Bit more load capacity (2,800 vs the stock 2,600) so hopefully they will not sag too soon
-replace shocks
Got some KYB Gas-a-just units to replace the tired out units,

-pull the bed off, fix the sending unit relay for the rear tank (just replaced the tank a few months ago) since it is shorting and causing my fuel gauge to not read correctly, fix the wiring mess that is my trailer plug since it does not work anymore, remove as much rust as possible and paint the frame (rear shock mounts replaced since they are swiss cheese)
One of the bigger jobs that I had to do but in reality was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, just alot of prep work to get it to look half decent. Two coats of industrial epoxy for a base, followed up by 2 coats of gravel guard. Sending unit was a easy fix and the trailer wiring was a cinch.
 IMG_0681_zpszjfecqrw.jpg
IMG_0695_zpsdkhspr0g.jpg

-replace injector o-rings, intake boots and glow plugs
I did this by myself in about 10 hours, pulling injectors on the 7.3l PSD is not fun and thanks to mine being one of the original versions of the engine. I do not have any of the revisions they did in 95-97 to make it easier to work on the engine (biggest thing was the heat exchanger shroud is a pain in the ass to remove as a half shell vs the 95-96 trucks having a section that comes off with a few bolts). Jump through the hoops to actually be able to pull the injectors and its smooth sailing right? Wrong, you have to manually evacuate all of the diesel and oil that leaks into the cylinders when you pull them out. That's right, pulling the injectors leaves it with the possibility to hydro lock it with its own fuel and life blood. Brilliant engineering there. The good news is my suspicion of my orings letting engine oil get by was indeed correct, since redoing them my oil level has not changed and the truck runs a bit better
Passenger side injectors with new o-rings picture below.
IMG_0753_zpsz46k6lti.jpg
IMG_0754_zpstkjpjgpg.jpg
Those three were only from the 4 passenger injector, I ended up with 3 ripped and 4 severely warped o-rings. (each injector has 4 o-rings seals and 2 metal o-rings and a copper gasket for the tip)

I also had the pleasure of having to balljoints on a 20 year old truck that has spent its life in a climate that consists of 6 months of winter and 3-4 of rain. Never again but atleast my tire camber is no longer goofy.
IMG_0705_zpsdmg0nteu.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RockCrwlr said:

@Outlawed 7.3, i dont fk with those 6hoes. I bought a 6hoe and gave it back to the dude for a full refund. Threw me 3 engine codes (one of them being injectors) in the short 3 days i had it and left a huge puddle of oil in my driveway after one night

99-01 or 01-03?

Conner, you would be best to do some research and figure out what all needs to be done to make it a reliable car again. Understanding the cost before you buy will save him alot of headaches even if you plan on doing all of the work yourself.

• 1 month later...

Well my car got rear ended yesterday. i was at stopped in a turn lane waiting to turn when i got rear ended by a driver not paying attention doing probably 40-50mph and didnt even attempt to use the brakes. Driver didnt even  know what happened and didnt have insurance. Waiting to hear if my car is totaled out or not

15401151_1250400965021893_8096384752301615541935_1251593708235952_1602847796948615380427_1250401185021871_2441830432639615420895_1250223525039637_12972462966551

2 hours ago, DDT said:

Well my car got rear ended yesterday. i was at stopped in a turn lane waiting to turn when i got rear ended by a driver not paying attention doing probably 40-50mph and didnt even attempt to use the brakes. Driver didnt even  know what happened and didnt have insurance. Waiting to hear if my car is totaled out or not

okay il go buy the duck tape 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DDT said:

So sorry to see that. Doesn't look total worthy, unless the structural integrity of the rear has been significantly damaged, but doesn't really look like it. Definitely new trunk/rear bumper section. 

3 hours ago, Jon Cannon said:

So sorry to see that. Doesn't look total worthy, unless the structural integrity of the rear has been significantly damaged, but doesn't really look like it. Definitely new trunk/rear bumper section. 

Insurance company is trying to value the car at only 8K and just for the body damage is 4500 worth of damage without looking under the car or taking anything apart. the car wont start, battery is right there where the car got hit along with a bunch of vital electronics and sensors. Its at a second shop actually getting put on a lift, the frame getting looked at, the drive train  and usspension getting looked at, hooked up to computers for all the sensors and electronics and see everything that is even the sliightest bit damaged to get an  actual repair price to get the car looking like new and driving like new and not just a quick slap job to look like its fixed when its really isnt just to save money

47 minutes ago, Skyliner849 said:

If you mean something related with fighting, it may do things worse (not always e.e)

i mean some pretty bad language my dad has always hated people who drive like they dont give a crap. i know that its not that bad but he will be p***** off. he also almost got hit with me in the car. we where driving down through a small town and this jack a come by going about 60 and was inches away from hitting us

4 minutes ago, monsterjam9876 said:

i mean some pretty bad language my dad has always hated people who drive like they dont give a crap. i know that its not that bad but he will be p***** off. he also almost got hit with me in the car. we where driving down through a small town and this jack a come by going about 60 and was inches away from hitting us

I remember when i was a baby, with my dad we crashed in a taxi and i was with my dad in the copilot sit and the other car hited us in that place, luckily with my dad we were unscathed but it still in my memories, Talking about crashes i had some funny crashes in my bike and dang those ones hurted a little lol