Show Your Projects Chapter 15!

JoshDIGRhodes

Modelling is now 95% done.

BrassBeastblend-9.png

cockpitpreview-1.png

all that's left to do is a bunch of steam pipes with kill valves in the roosterpit and a footboard styled after a floral piano carving on my grandparents piano. random valves and guages scattered across the entire truck, the guages ("steam pressure" that's just a jittering random guage. Spedo and "RPM" for the steam powered engine.) and a few things like an altimetre to the left (styled after WWII Fighters) and a few non functioning boiler water level guages, styled after the classic british rail barber shop stripey malarky.

also the slots on the hand throttle will read as follows (one for each divot)

1. Jimmeth Jack

2. Cowardly Knave

3. Cruising

4. 1/2

5. Fair Clip

6. Hae Forward (Hae being gaelic)

7. De Teine Analach (Also Gaelic)

8. FULL BEANS/Are You Quite Mad?

• Upvote 13

pc LETETH THE LAG COMMENCE

current facecount is 50k quads if i duplicate the diffs. The gamecube had an upward face limit of 1.5 million and the average scencount on a typical online jam with 4 sm trucks is about 500k.

i am not concerned.

Not to mention i just discovered that LOD's are really easy to do. and i'll be replacing any non essential models at a distance with a blank prop. So say, the inner axle props on the diff would disappear at a distance when you can't see them without really trying and mashing the reduce FOV key. or the steering wheel would be replaced with a really thin sillouette of a wheel, the steering box would disappear, the inevitibly vert heavy footrest would disappear, the throttle lever would disappear and so on.

this should actually be less processer heavy then V3 which, in all honesty, is ironically horribly unoptimised

• Upvote 1